Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 1, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #178

I'm writing this post on Monday afternoon, so Happy May Day!  Things are blooming here!


Some quilting projects have seen progress this week, too!  
  • The 4th house for my Rainbow Neighbourhood is completed.  This one has a blue theme.

  • I completed the April ABC Table Scraps project,  too.  See more about it here
  • One bowl cozy was finished up just this afternoon.  I used Roseanne's tutorial at Home Sewn By Us and it went together so quickly.  Good thing because it's for my older son who we're going to see on Thursday!
The Mandalorian and Grogu!  Perfect for my son.

  • I also made progress on my project for the book launch blog hop which is later in June.

This week is going to be busy with some family stuff, so I don't know how much sewing time I'm actually going to have.  That means I'd better keep my list short!

Orange is the new Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for May, so I've pulled out my orange stash and will get started on orange blocks as I have time.  I'm also using orange for house #5 in the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL, so that will work, too!


Have a great week!
Joining in with Carol at Quilt Schmilt for the To-Do Tuesday link-up.






 

17 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Looks like a very do-able list! Love the oranges that are in your stash...I need to find my oranges!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great group of oranges! Those purple crumbs are terrific and congratulations on finishing "Believe!"

Vicki in MN said...

The stones on your house reminds me of the walkway to the house like in Ireland or Scotland that I have seen in a movie.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a good list. Mine seems to stay the same - work on the pieced blocks at sewing machine, hexies for the hexie quilt and quilt on the frame - it doesn't change much :)

grammajudyb said...

Finally some flowers blooming. Pretty pink tulips in your yard. I had to zoom in on the bowl cozy. That is great Mandalorian fabric! I'm sure it will make your son smile. I like your #4 house with the xeriscaped yard and perfect wood siding! Looking forward to the orange house! Aren't they fun?

Nann said...

The innards of tulips are so velvety-beautiful, aren't they? We usually depict them only from the outside. Hope your busy week goes well!

piecefulwendy said...

Your little house is adorable! No flowers blooming around here yet - we are in northwest MN this morning and it's still chilly, although the sun is shining. Your bowl cozy turned out really well - fun fabric! Orange fabric! My favorite!

Linda said...

I love the blue house! (I think I say that about all of them.) What a perfect bowl cozy for your son.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your new house is so beautiful, Diann. Love the fabrics and textures in it. The bowl cozy is adorable; thank you so much for the link . Have a very lovely day and happy quilting.

Ivani said...

Pretty orange fabrics to play this month, Diann. Love your blue house and the Mandalorian bowl cozy. I bet your son will be thrilled with your gift. Have a nice week.

Kathryn T said...

Love those spring flowers, so pretty. That house quilt is shaping up with those blocks, to be amazing.

PaintedThread said...

I really like that latest house block.

chrisknits said...

Now I can't wait to get home so I can do my orange RSC block!! I love orange. Pretty house, you are going to have a very colorful quilt.

Kate said...

Your blue house block turned out beautifully, that is going to be such a fun quilt. Enjoy the time with family, you can catch up on the stitching next week.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I have not seen Robin Lane before so thanks for sharing that lovely embroidery. Your blue house is wonderful with those neat fabrics too. Wonderful bowl with well chosen fabrics also.

Susie H said...

Have fun with your son. He's going to love the bowl cozies!

Carol Andrews said...

What a lovely house Diann. You've been making such great progress on your lists! Hope you had a fun visit with your son. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.