Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Slow stitching for Sunday...

I've had this Kathy Schmitz design traced and in progress for awhile, but not sure I've ever shared it on the blog.  It's called "Robin Lane."  It seemed like a good Spring design to work on in between other projects.  The robin and the birdhouse stitched up quickly, but the leaves and flowers are a bit tedious.  I think it will be pretty when finished, though!


So, I stitch some leaves for awhile, and then work on something else in between.  The little Spring stamp, "Bluebird and Bees," designed  by Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting was so fun, I decided to try another one.  This was stamp #8 in her Spring SAL, "A Spring Day."  It stitched up so quickly, I didn't even take any photos of the process!

I'll have to figure out how to finish this one.  It's stitched
on a kind of loose cloth that I found in my stash 
(probably out of a kit from years ago) and it really wants to unravel!

Today it's back to the leaves and flowers on Robin Lane!  Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching!






14 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Melisa sure can create the sweetest cross stitch projects! Yours looks great!

The Cozy Quilter said...

There’s a definite bird theme on your blog! The leaves and flowers on the embroidery are very pretty and well worth the effort.

Linda said...

I love the Robin Lane embroidery, I need to get one like that as this year we have a robin nesting right on the bakers rack in the garden.

CathieJ said...

I like the colors you are using on Robin Lane. I would find those leaves quilt fiddly. You may need to zigzag around the edge to prevent the unraveling on that cute little stamp. Enjoy your stitching!

Linda said...

"Tedious" is definitely looking pretty! That is a sweet embroidery. Maybe the cross stitch fabric could be machine stitched around the edge?

Angela said...

Very pretty! I love having more than one project on the go. It definitely helps to keep the interest level up!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice relaxing stitching

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sweet little stitching projects!

chrisknits said...

On loose cloth I always serge or zig zag the edges to prevent raveling. Such cute stitchery! For small items I use this kind of finishing.
https://focusonfinishing.wordpress.com/2009/11/01/christmas-ornament-tutorial/

grammajudyb said...

I always zigzag the edges of all cross stitch fabric too! Have you ever backed your embroidery with Pellon SF101, it’s a light weight iron on interfacing. Might help on that tiny Spring Day stamp. Your stitching on your leaves and pink buds is awesome. Is it a sarin stitch or a different variation? It looks great!

Sarah said...

I love your robin. I can see all that satin stitch would be a bit tedious but it looks really nice and your stitches look so even. I'm very bad at satin stitch! Your little spring cross stitch is very cute!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects to work on. Love your robin! Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

Pretty projects and working a few leaves in between other projects will get them done! Love that little spring birdie. Very cute.

Vicki in MN said...

I can see why those leaves would be tedious, but it sure is giving a very nice effect to the overall piece. Happy stitching!