Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 8, 2023

H2H Check-in and a few To-dos...

Hands2Help:

I have two quilts I'm going to send off for Hands2Help this month.  One I shared earlier this year - Rainbow Beads - finished up in March.  The other is an older finish, just waiting for me to be ready to send it off to a new home - Follow the Garden Path - an mmmquilts QAL from 2021.  


On the to-do list for these quilts - send them both through the washer and dryer and finish up the label on Rainbow Beads.  Sharing these at the H2H check-in post over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

More to-dos:

I should have more sewing time this week, so hope to get more done.  I did get started on some orange scrappy sewing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge last week - see my Saturday post here.
  • House #5 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL is still sitting in the exact same position it was last Friday, so it needs to be sewn up!


  • Make a new mug rug for my mom for Mother's Day - I'm going to use this tulip block made from the Rainbow Neighbourhood pattern that was too big to use in the Tulip House block.

  • Get started on House #6 - a turquoise house, maybe?
  • More orange blocks for the RSC - I think I'll start with the zipper blocks.
  • There's always more to do, but I'll stop there!
Joining in with Carol at Quilt Schmilt for the To-Do Tuesday link-up.







8 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such darling quilt, Diann and love the new house in the neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing house # 6. Have a great week. Happy quilting.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice day in that house’s neighbourhood —lovely blue sky. Anyone walking by is sure to smile when they see your house! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Mari said...

Great H2H quilts! They are sure to be a comfort. I also love the idea of a mug rug with the flower blocks from Sandra's pattern. They're so cute, and I might make a whole placemat with them. Have a good day stitching up your house!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your finished quilts - really nice. They will be loved - I admit I haven't made any for that in recent years but I used to. I really need to start again and think about it next year

Vicki in MN said...

Love your quilty hug H2H quilts! Another cute house block on the horizon too.

grammajudyb said...

Yay, for 2 quilts to go to H2H. I have my quilt from Sandra’s 2021 QAL too, I’d forgotten about it. Don’t think there are anymore “babies” in the family’s future! So I should donate it too! Thanks! What kind of a label do you use for these donations.

Linda said...

I saw your pretty orange house sewn together on IG last night. Isn't it nice to be sewing something for your Mom to have in her "normal" space!

Carol Andrews said...

Diann you did well on your list this week. Congrats on getting the finishes for H2H. That orange house is going to be so pretty! Hope this week went well and thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.