Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 15, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #180

180 To-Do Tuesday posts adds up to lots of things getting done over the years!  Thanks to all the hosts during that time, and especially to Carol at Quilt Schmilt who is hosting this fun link-up now.  There's nothing like quilty inspiration and encouragement from like-minded friends!

Looking back at last week's post shows mixed results on my list.

  • Wash and dry the H2H quilts and finish the label on one. ❌️ Not done.  Somehow I just walked on by those two quilts all week, and didn't touch them!  That will stay on the list for this week.
  • Finish house #5 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL. ✅️  Done!  This one was fun!

  • Sew more orange blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  ✅️  Done.  See my zipper blocks here.
  • Make my mom a new Spring mug rug for Mother's Day.  ✅️. Also done and shown in the linked post above.
On this week's list then:
  • I didn't get very far on house #6, so it's still in progress.  I'll keep that on the list for this week.
Quilt block ready, other pieces and parts chosen.
Once the pieces are cut, these blocks sew together pretty quickly!

  • More with orange for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - work on the Split 9 Patch blocks.

  • I'm working on a pieced backing for Kelly Young's new book launch blog hop which is coming out in June.  Most of the piecing is done, but I need to make the backing just a bit wider, so will work on that this week, too.

  • And wash those H2H quilts!  
Have a great week, everyone!












13 comments:

Carolyn said...

The house blocks are cute! I am making a note of your split nine patch block—it works well for the RSC challenge. Good luck on your list this week!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lots of plans, you get so much done!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice houses! The cat fabric is fun. Good luck with your list this week.

Linda said...

If I was doing the scrap challenge I'd copy your Split 9 Patch - so cute! I like your fussy cutting too. Can't wait to see your book launch piece!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how many houses have you made now - that project is growing for sure.

grammajudyb said...

House #6 is going to be "the cat's meow"! So cute. My week was scattered between tasks, but I too like having the list. It keeps me somewhat on track. I'm sewing orange scraps as leaders and enders. Next week I should have a block or two to show. Love watching your Split 9-patches come together.

piecefulwendy said...

Well, you know I love that orange house, and the button "siding" is perfect. I'll stay there when I come to visit :-D You're other blocks are lovely, too. Curious to see what's on the other side of that quilt backing!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your blocks are very pretty. I love the backing, very nice and creative piecing!

Ivani said...

Are you hand sewing the split nine patch?
The button orange house looks great.
I like the pieced backing. Good luck with your list for this week, Diann.

Carol Andrews said...

Diann you had another great week! Your house block 5 is beautiful and 6 looks like it will be stunning! I do like that split 9 patch. I’m always looking for ways to use my hst’s so this is a winner I might have to copy. 😉. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday and you lovely shoutout. Hope you have another fun, productive week.

MissPat said...

I spy some penguins in the backing strip. You alwyas get so much done every week.
Pat

Bonnie said...

Great progress on your goals this week. Having you been linking up on Tuesdays for 3 1/4 years? Good for you.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The houses are coming along nicely and all are so cute--and inspiring! they look so fun to make!