LeeAnna has declared the month of June to be ice cream month for I Like Thursdays, and I can get on board with that! The question for this week is - what's your favorite ice cream flavor? Well, that's an easy one!
Little Penguin Quilts
Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
I Like Thursday #338
Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Hands2Help Final Check-in
I have two quilts that I'm sending along to two different charities for the H2H quilt drive this year. These are both baby/toddler size, so I'm sending one to the Little Lambs of Utah, for kids going into foster care, and one to the Cool Kids Campaign in North Carolina, for kids fighting cancer.
Monday, May 29, 2023
To-Do Tuesday #182
Good morning, and happy To-Do Tuesday! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. There were lots of graduation parties around here - we were even invited to one! It was nice to get caught up with some extended family that we hadn't seen in awhile. But did we take any pictures? No...
I do have pictures of things I've been working on this week to share, though. House #7 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL is done! This might be my new favorite!
- House #8 - the quilt block section is started, and pieces and parts for the rest of the house need to be cut and sewn.
- Keep working on my project for the June 21st blog hop.
- Get started on June blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - working with more blues.
Saturday, May 27, 2023
A finish and a new start!
Earlier this week I finished up the "Robin Lane" design that I'd been working on recently. Last week I shared the green border I picked for it and the pink backing. This week, I did some simple quilting, and finished it off with a pale pink binding.
Thursday, May 25, 2023
ABC Table Scraps for May
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
I Like Thursday #337
Happy Thursday, friends! How's your week going? I'm joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.
We drove out through Eastern Colorado to where our son lives in western Kansas last Saturday and encountered this crazy fog/Canadian wildfire smoke combination that made visibility pretty bad. Not something to like, but definitely made the day interesting!
Monday, May 22, 2023
To-Do Tuesday #181
Good morning, friends! It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come. Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!
This week I made sure to get my Hands2Help quilts washed and ready to send off. I love a freshly washed and dried quilt, don't you?!
- Finish house #7 and get started on #8 for my Rainbow Neighbourhood. #7 will be done in reds, and celebrate birdwatching!
- Keep working on my project for the blog hop in June. No progress on that one last week, but hopefully I can get more done this week.
- There are a couple of small quilted items that I want to finish up this week - my May Table Scraps project and an embroidery piece.
- That's probably enough for this week's list!