There's been no measurable snow in Colorado for something like 226 days (almost a record), but I don't need snow to make a snowman! First there's this guy, Vicki's Welcome Frosty pattern, who now has a face.
Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Friday, December 3, 2021
I have several Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects that are in different stages of construction, and this week I've worked a little bit on each one. That is something I really enjoy doing!
I finished up the final row for Full Stop, and took some time to measure what I've got and do some thinking about how I might finish this one.
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Welcome! I'm joining in with "I Like Thursday" hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color. Come see what I found to like this past week!
We took a little road trip for Thanksgiving to see our kids for a few days. It's a trip across the plains of eastern Colorado and western Nebraska and Kansas. This landscape isn't for everyone, but we love that you can see for miles!
Monday, November 29, 2021
Good morning! I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.
- Sewing the Crumb Hearts blocks into rows, and into a quilt top.
- Work on the layout for the Easy Breezy blocks, which I actually started on today. Here's what I'm thinking:
- And you might have noticed something else on my design wall in the photo above - my not-so-secret (anymore) sewing project, Vicki's Welcome Frosty wall-hanging. The basic piece is made, now it needs to be quilted, and Frosty's face added. This is a gift for someone, but the get together is postponed until January. Meanwhile, I'm keeping it on my list for finishing up!
Friday, November 26, 2021
You might remember that in October, I was working on a Halloween version of Carole's Autumn Jubilee quilt, and used a few of the scraps to hand-piece a little mug rug.
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
It has been a week of looking at old pictures, telling family stories, laughter and tears. I really love old family pictures, so I picked a few to share with you.
Mike and his mom when he was a young sailor, about 1970.
Monday, November 22, 2021
is a TA-DAAAA!!!!
Positivity is finally finished!
- Make sure my mom has everything she needs so that we can leave town for a few days.
- Celebrate my MIL's life this afternoon with Mike's family.
- Pack up and go spend Thanksgiving with our kids.