My evening hand stitching all week long has been these scrappy trips blocks in purple. The second one needs a couple more rows. These are really enjoyable to hand-piece, and simple!
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Friday, June 11, 2021
I've had a goal this year of using up a pile of leftover charm squares that have accumulated over the years. It's been working pretty well until it came to purple month! There just aren't any purple squares in that pile!
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
I like summer! No matter what the calendar says, summer has arrived in Colorado, and it appears we're not looking back!
I like cool mornings on our shady back porch with a good book and an iced latte.
Monday, June 7, 2021
Good morning! I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week.
I made good progress on everything on my list from last week!
- Early in the week I completed Harmony, from the Hand-Pieced QAL.
- Also, there's been ongoing progress on quilting the Rainbow Strings. I'll save pictures for when it's actually finished!
- The arrows and background blocks are going together into rows and sections for Follow Your Own Path, too.
- And I played with some purple scraps. One thing I worked on was this scrappy trips block, and now I also have pieces cut out for the second one for the month.
- Finish up the center section of Follow Your Own Path, and work on the border.
- Continue working on purple projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, specifically my Table Scraps placemat.
- Add some more quilting to Rainbow Strings.
- Get started on making some plus blocks from Preeti's tutorial for the Positivity QAL.
Friday, June 4, 2021
While hunting here and there for purple scraps and chunks this week, I managed to quilt a few more big diamonds on my string quilt.
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Harmony - a hand-pieced quilt.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Happy Thursday, friends! Hope you're having a good week! Don't forget to check out all the positive posts at Not Afraid of Color.
We went for a hike at the trails at our favorite local natural area on Monday. There's a native plant garden there and someone has painted rocks that help identify the plants. I thought this was a creative use of the painted rock trend and they are really helpful!