March decided to come in like a lamb in our neck of the woods so it's been a great week to spend some time outdoors! I met a friends for a walk at our favorite natural area and there were bald eagles there. You know I am always thrilled to see eagles, so I went home and got Mike along with his good camera and we went back.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Monday, March 1, 2021
Happy Tuesday! I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week. I finished up my sunflower squirrel project on Saturday evening and here it is on my table!
Also on my list from last week was working on the next rounds of the Stay at Home Round Robin. I ended up combining round 5 (wonky stars) with round 6 (log cabins). This photo is showing rounds 5/6 three-quarters of the way sewn on (which makes it 34.5 x 34.5), plus Round 7 (pinwheels) just getting started.
No progress on the blog hop project because my bigger Pfaff is still in the shop. I may have to start quilting it on the smaller Janome. It's a baby quilt size so that wouldn't be too hard to do.
So what's on this week's list?
- Keep going on the Stay at Home Round Robin - the final linky party starts March 29th!
- March is green month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so it's time to sew some blocks with green. So far I've just gotten out the green scrap bin and started on some crumb blocks
- Quilt the blog hop project - keeping that on the list!
- Stay away from squirrel projects, if possible. 🤣
Friday, February 26, 2021
I must have needed flowers and sunshine this week, or maybe that was just an excuse to play with more yellow scraps, because that's what I did! It all started with an orphan Dresden sunflower that I originally made for my Scrappy Sprouts quilt, but didn't end up using. And then a need to play with string blocks was thrown into the mix!
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
I am a lucky woman, blessed, you might say. I have some special friends, women I worked with during my teaching career, who have become lifelong friends. Even though we don't work together anymore, we enjoy meeting for coffee and meals, going for walks, talking about books, and keeping up with each other's lives.
The reason I'm telling you this is because I lost one of these women this week. This is a picture of the seven of us from a few years back. We used to celebrate the end of the school year with a dinner out at our favorite restaurant. I'm back there on the right by the window, and Holly is right next to me. Holly lost her battle with brain cancer this week.
Monday, February 22, 2021
Happy Tuesday! I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week. Considering I had to take my sewing machine in for repair last Tuesday, and I'm taking it back today for the actual repair to take place, it hasn't been too bad of a week! (wink!)
So what did I get done?
- The quilt I'm working on for the Salt and Sand blog hop in March is spray basted and ready to quilt. I'll wait and see if my Pfaff actually does get fixed before I start the quilting.
- I worked on Round 5 of the Stay at Home Round Robin project and made wonky stars. I shared what I thought this round would look like in yesterday's post. Here's a look at one corner:
- Work on the Stay at Home Round Robin project - star round and log cabin round.
- Quilt the blog hop project - hopefully!
- Continue with the squirrel project.
Sunday, February 21, 2021
Making wonky stars this week for Round 5:
Friday, February 19, 2021
It's been a little bit of this and a little bit of that all week long at my house. You can tell by looking at my design wall!