The bowtie blocks are so close to being ready to sew together into a flimsy, and I'm very ready to work on a finish right now!
I decided to stop at 90 blocks, which will make a quilt about 54 x 61, which is a good size for me to finish up. You can see I just need a few more blocks, and after laying everything out the other day, I think I need to make a few more purples and a few more oranges.
These will work for that purpose!
I also decided it was time to remake the purple Scrappy Sprouts that I first made way back in February.
At that time, I didn't really have a clear vision for this project, so I mixed the light and dark purples in both blocks. After making more blocks as the months went on, I realized that I liked making a light block and a dark block for each color, and these didn't fit in!
So, I pulled the blocks apart into their basic parts, rearranged a little, and ended up with this -
The dark purple sprout had plenty of squares and HSTs to go back together easily, but you can see that I didn't have enough in the lavendar colors.
So, after hunting around in my stash, I came up with a strip out of a jelly roll that I received for participating in Hands2Help earlier this year. (I was a really late entrant to that event, but Sarah still sent me this pretty fabric, bless her! I'll definitely use it to make a quilt donation for next year, but more about that another day!:)
It's really perfect for this block!
And now these two blocks look soooo much better!
And they fit in much better with the rest of the blocks, too!
Sharing at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!