Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 29, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #182

Good morning, and happy To-Do Tuesday!  Hope you enjoyed the long weekend.  There were lots of graduation parties around here - we were even invited to one!  It was nice to get caught up with some extended family that we hadn't seen in awhile.  But did we take any pictures?  No...

I do have pictures of things I've been working on this week to share, though.  House #7 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL is done!  This might be my new favorite!

The Bird House!

Here are all seven - they're really starting to look like something!

Two houses to go!

I made some progress on my project for the June blog hop to launch Kelly Young's new book.  Layers are spray basted and quilting has started.

June 21st is reveal day!

And two small projects were finished - May Table Scraps and Robin Lane.

So, what will I be working on this week?
  • House #8 - the quilt block section is started, and pieces and parts for the rest of the house need to be cut and sewn.

  • Keep working on my project for the June 21st blog hop.
  • Get started on June blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - working with more blues.
Joining in with Carol and friends at Quilt Schmilt for To-Do Tuesday!











13 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I think the birdhouse is my favorite, too! You'll soon have a whole neighborhood.

Juliana said...

I love your bird house. What a wonderful quilt this is going to be!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

each house a little different. I'm not sure which is my favorite they are all so nice!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your neighborhood is looking good!

grammajudyb said...

The bird house is wonderful. I love the pieced "garlic knot" block with the next fabric. And the birds in the trees too! That's great fabric.
Can't wait to see your project for Kelly's book launch. That looks like one I need to add to my collection. Double sided quilts would be a great way to use up some UFOs.
I'm having a bit of a time remembering to take photos or taking the time to do just that. Now that I have those clips, at least I can hang a quilt on the fence by myself without bothering Mr. Busy.

Susie H said...

Great projects to work on ... lots of variety to keep things interesting. Love the Cardinals block too!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

The birdhouse is my favorite! Love the cardinals in the window and all the red!

grammajudyb said...

Looking forward to seeing you hexie block house too!! I understand about the "keeping up"! It's why I have so many UFO's. :) LOL

Bonnie said...

I'm really looking forward to Kelly's blog hop. It will be fun to see some new ideas for backings. Your houses are wonderful. They are going to make a great quilt.

Kathryn T said...

Great work and I do love the bird house and plus all the houses are looking great together.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Adore this bird house, Dian. Such a beauty! And your hexies are sweet!

Kate said...

Those house blocks are so cute, they will make a really fun quilt. Good luck finishing off your quilt for the blog hop. I've got one of those to finish up too.

Carol Andrews said...

Diann your neighbourhood is expanding and all of the blocks are beautiful. The birdhouse one just might be my favourite, too! good luck with getting your hop project finished. Your hexies are too cute! Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Good luck with this week's list.