Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 22, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #181

Good morning, friends!  It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come.  Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!

This week I made sure to get my Hands2Help quilts washed and ready to send off.  I love a freshly washed and dried quilt, don't you?!


House #6 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL is completed.  To keep up with the schedule I should have completed #7 as well, but I'm not there yet.  Good thing it's not a race!

I did also finish up the orange split 9 patch blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  See my Saturday post here.

On this week's list:
  • Finish house #7 and get started on #8 for my Rainbow Neighbourhood.  #7 will be done in reds, and celebrate birdwatching!

  • Keep working on my project for the blog hop in June.  No progress on that one last week, but hopefully I can get more done this week.
  • There are a couple of small quilted items that I want to finish up this week - my May Table Scraps project and an embroidery piece.
  • That's probably enough for this week's list!
Have a great week!










18 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots to keep you busy and yes, I too love a freshly washed and dried quilt. They're extra crinkly and cosy. Enjoy your week :)

Susie H said...

I'm going to love the celebration-of-birdwatching house. That cardinal fabric has me swooning! Lol!

Linda said...

What a great feeling on those freshly laundered quilts. Be sure your kitty house is positioned on the quilt to see the cardinal house. ;) Pretty fabrics!

Bonnie said...

I seldom wash my finished quilts but I wash almost all fabric before it hits my studio. I have tried rinsing charm packs with bad results so those don’t get water treatment. But I don’t buy too many charm packs. Looking forward jto seeing the bird blocks.

grammajudyb said...

I still need to wash my two donations, but I’m still puzzling out how-to add a label , cause the binding is complete! I love your plan for a bird house. Cardinal fabric is gorgeous! Thanks for the reminder about table scraps. I have my idea, now execute! Happy week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the houses continue to grow! will look nice when they are all together

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

your neighborhood is lovely as it grows! Where are you sending your H2H quilts?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just love your School house sampler, Dian. Your turquoise house is gorgeous too. And of course, I love your idea of a birdwatching house. Neat!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice quilts!!
your house blocks are so neat - its fun to see all your Variations!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Freshly laundered quilts are the best to snuggle into1 I love the fabrics for your red house!

Ivani said...

Hands to Help will receive 2 beautiful quilts from you!
I love the bird fabric for the red house, Diann, it goes really well with the nests fabric on the block.

Kathryn T said...

Yes l love a freshly washed quilt too, so soft and cuddly and smells so good. Love your house with the rainy day look.

PaintedThread said...

Your quilts look great. I'm sure they'll be loved!

piecefulwendy said...

Love that rainy day house - so clever! Yay for getting the H2H quilts ready to mail!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, you are so productive!! Hands2Help will love those quilts.

Sharon - IN said...

Finished freshly washed quilts is always a win in my book! Your two look great! I do like the orange Halloween strip in your split 9 patch blocks. That quilt is coming together so well.

Carol Andrews said...

Diann your freshly washed quilts look so cuddly and just waiting for the new owners to enjoy. Your Rainbow Neighborhood block is so pretty. I'm just glad I finished piecing the star blocks that go in to the walls of the houses this week. Now that's behind (me). Great job on your list last week. Hope this week saw as progress on your list and you had lots of fun time over the holiday weekend. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

piecefulwendy said...

I cannot wait to see all of your house blocks together. They are all so fun and cute!