Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year
Friday, April 30, 2021
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Happy Thursday, friends! Hope you're having a good week. I was so happy to see my tulips blooming the other day. After really cold weather and snow the week before, I was afraid they were frozen.
Monday, April 26, 2021
I missed last week's To-Do Tuesday because my mom was arriving in town, but after a very busy week, things are starting to settle in. I still don't have as much sewing time as I would like, but there's been a little bit the last couple days.
First of all, what was on my last to-do list?
- Finish up the asterisk row for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 sampler. ✔ Yes, I did get that done!
- And I wanted to make sure I had plenty of hand stitching work prepped for while my mom was staying at our house, and I did do that as well. I worked on the Harmony QAL hand-piecing project. You can read about my progress on that quilt in my Sunday post HERE.
- My goal is to sew 15 minutes a day. I used to do this when I was still working, and I got a lot done that way. Plus it helps my mental health! 😉 I started this Sunday and have achieved my 15 minutes for two days in a row already. Whoop whoop!
Saturday, April 24, 2021
I haven't touched my sewing machine all week, but it's been a great week for hand stitching. My mom has been at my house and we've spent most of the week working on moving her into her new apartment. Evenings have been spent relaxing with a TV show on, so that's when I got out needle and thread.
I was able to get all the main parts made for the Harmony wall-hanging.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Um, what day is it anyway? Lol!
My mom arrived on Monday and we've been busy getting going on things for her move - well, busy at a 90 year old's speed, anyway. Visiting the apartment complex, getting insurance changed, getting my mom a Covid test (even though she is fully vaccinated!), and that kind of thing.
Friday, April 16, 2021
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Monday, April 12, 2021
Good morning! I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week. It was a good week for finishing up a few things - the Stay at Home Round Robin quilt, a placemat in blue for the April Table Scraps challenge, and a small pillow using my most recent embroidery finish!
Friday, we took the SAHRR quilt up to give to my MIL, and she loved it and covered up in it right away.
- For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I need to finish up the asterisk blocks for this year's sampler, Full Stop.
- I'd like to prep quite a few projects for hand work, that I can do while my mom is staying here at our house: embroidery, hand-piecing, etc. Here's the April Kathy Schmitz design that I've just started working on. I also have more blocks to piece for the Harmony QAL and another blue Scrappy Trips block to work on.
Friday, April 9, 2021
It's been a week of cleaning up and finishing a few projects, most importantly my Stay at Home Round Robin. You can read more about it in my Friday post, if you're curious!
Along the way, I also finished a couple of smaller things, including my April Table Scraps placemat in light blues. Sharing this at Joyful Quilter's April Table Scraps link-up!
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
Anja @ Anja Quilts
Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us
Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Happy Thursday! I'm joining in, as I always do, with LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color for "I Like Thursday," to share some good things from my week!
We're getting ready to move my mom from the Phoenix area up here to Colorado so that she can be closer to my sister and me because she's needing a lot more help as she approaches 90. I've set up for her to live in an Independent Senior apartment just a few blocks from me. The other day I stopped in over there to take care of some business, and I loved this sign on her door. They're ready for her to move in!