Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, May 20, 2023

The robin and the schoolhouse...

I had fun finishing up the Schoolhouse Sampler this week, after focusing on the ABCs at first.  The letters are done in DMC 4066, Amazon Moss, my new favorite variegated floss.  I added other colors for the flower buds, schoolhouse, and moon and stars.


Meanwhile, Robin Lane got a border and a small piece of a pink bird print for the backing.   My plan for today's slow stitching is to get the layers together with a little machine quilting, and then hand-stitch the binding!


Linking up with all the slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts today!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect border and backing fabrics for the robin! Where do you display all these lovely embroideries? Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such sweet stitcheries!

Ivani said...

Two beatiful embroideries, Diann. Have fun stitching the binding down.

Deb A said...

That green perfectly sets off your beautiful embroidery! Happy stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the embroideries are looking great!

Sarah said...

Lovely embroideries! And I like your Halloween fabric in yesterdays post, it looks good in the orange blocks.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful embroideries! Hope you have a great week!

Miaismine said...

Your Schoolhouse Sampler came out wonderful! Your color choices had my eye feasting on the loveliness. Robin Lane will be such an adorable finish!

Susie H said...

Your embroideries are beautiful!

Linda said...

Great sampler, and I really like the border on the other project.

Linda said...

Very nice embroideries Diann! That moss floss is really striking - another one I'll add to my "look for" list. I'm in love with your robin.

CathieJ said...

Both of these embroideries are so pretty. I love that backing fabric. It's perfect.

piecefulwendy said...

Your stitching is just lovely - always fun to see what you are working on!