Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

I Like Thursday #334

Happy Thursday, friends!   I'm joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.  Spring is finally springing to life around here.  Walking through the Sculpture Park again, I found these trees blooming.

From a distance:


And close up:

And they smell so good!

At the golf course this week, we came across some brand new goose babies.  They did not look very old at all. 

We thought it was interesting that three adults were with this family -
maybe one is a nanny?!

LeeAnna asked this week if any of us like to sing, and my answer to that is "oh yes!"  I was in choir all through school, and performed in the musicals every year.  I studied piano, so sometimes I was an accompanist, too.  In college, I was the rehearsal accompanist for the Opera Theater, so I learned a lot of their music, too, even though I didn't perform it. 

Nowadays, I mostly sing along with the radio!  And Broadway or Disney musicals when they're in movie form and on TV.  "Mamma Mia," anyone?!   Lately I've been singing a lot of Gordon Lightfoot songs.  So sad to hear of his passing.


We were poking around in Hobby Lobby the other day, and I came across this cute sign!   

You might notice there's a clearance price sign on it - it was only $5.50, maybe?  
I didn't bring it home, though - we're in the process of getting rid of junk, so things like that need to stay in the store!

I've been working with the orange scraps in my sewing room, but saving any photos for my Saturday post.  I'll be back then!

 










9 comments:

Kate said...

Most of the blooming trees are bloomed out and are now all green here. I only sing to the radio in the car when I'm alone. It's not one of my talents, but it certainly is fun. Have a great weekend.

grammajudyb said...

The warmer days and non freezing night are bringing in the Spring! It’s so nice. Cool to learn you played piano. I took lessons too, just never was very good! I’m with you. Cute signs, pretty displays always appeal to me, but no we too are getting rid of the “stuff”! Have a good drive today! Should be lovely

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am in the process of getting rid of junk and have the back of the Honda almost ready to take to the Goodwill store today - I little more to get in there and I well get that done today. I have been staying out of Hobby Lobby as I always find something more to buy and really need to clear out some more clutter. I loved Gordon Lightfoot's music

Linda said...

You are wise to leave things at the store! I have found myself doing that more and more (with everything except fabric - lol!) I used to haunt Goodwill and thrift shops for trinkets and things to repurpose, but we either have a smaller house or I am more inclined to clutter-free than I used to be - I just want to move more stuff out! I'm glad you are finally having some spring. We liked Gordon Lightfoot too.

Susie H said...

Nice collection of "Likes". I was singing with Gordon Lightfoot on the radio on the way home from our recent vacation. Thankfully I can sing because I sure can't dance! Ha!

Angela said...

That's a great sign!

PaintedThread said...

Those goslings are cute! To sew or not to sew... LOL!

piecefulwendy said...

You've had some fun things to see on your walks. We used to have so many geese here in town that they often stopped traffic when they were crossing the road. Gordon Lightfoot's music comes to mind often; of course, The Legend of the Edmund Fitzgerald is popular in MN.

LA Paylor said...

ah, Gordon lightfoot...
loved your singing story... how accomplished! I love being part of a production don't you? and I played piano for about 10 years but never felt confident enough.
I was always in the band so couldn't take chorus but that early training is important. Do you give lessons? I'm in the market to learn to sing better!
LeeAnna