Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

I Like Thursday #335

It's been a good week around here.  My mom is home from rehab and getting back into the swing of things at her place, and I got to spend time with both of my kids.  Can't get too much better than that!

Well, except maybe when the ornamental crabapple tree in our yard blooms.  


I love this tree, and the blooms don't last long.  It's called a Spring Snow Crabapple for a reason.  One windy day, and the flowers will all be down on the ground, like a spring snow!

Must enjoy these while they last!

I've been enjoying the Tuesday morning golf outings with my friends here.  I had a really good tee shot on a long (for me) hole the other day, so a friend took a picture of me with it.  Have to prove to my golf-loving husband that I have a good shot once in awhile!


Younger son has a 3-D printer, and I'd been asking him to make me a Baby Yoda - so he did!  
A little mascot for the dinner table!

I've been reading this book this week.  I think I saw a recommendation for it on Reese's Book Club, which I follow on Instagram.  It would probably be considered a Young Adult book, but even this old lady is enjoying the idea of a Cuban girl from Miami spending a summer in England - such contrasts in the two settings.  Apparently it's being made into a movie, too.


LeeAnna asked what our favorite kind of music is, and my answer is - so many different kinds!  The Monkees, the Beatles, and Crosby, Stills, and Nash were teenage favorites.  In college and after - John Denver.  As a teacher I played a lot of Enya and Celtic Woman - so calming!  Nowadays Mike will play music and videos on YouTube of our favorite oldies.  It's fun and a boost to the spirits, too!

Righteous Brothers are a favorite - "Unchained Melody," anyone?


I'm joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color















12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

My husband and I saw John Denver in concert years ago. He was much taller than I had thought and the concert was wonderful. I love all the flowering bushes and trees this time of year.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

It was great to read that your mom is back to sewing her things! What a journey she has had! Your blooming crab tree has beautiful flowers. Isn't it nice to be able to enjoy nature?

Libby in TN said...

I gave great-granddaughter Baby Yoda for Christmas and she includes him (it is a him, isn't it?) in all her tea parties.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all that same music too - I guess a lot of us in the same age group like everything from 60's on but now for the life of me I can't tell you the names of the era of singers or what they sing - I like some of it but usually have music on from the 60's on and enjoy it all.
Love Baby Yoda

grammajudyb said...

All fun music! I need to make more music happen at our house. Love the Baby Yoda! And your crabapple tree! Aren’t they glorious for a tiny bit of time!

Angela said...

My middle son has a 3D printer too. Your baby Yoda is so cute!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Isn't 3 D printing something! I can't get my head around it. Love that photo of you. I used to play a lot of golf and found there was always one good shot each game, enough to keep me going back. So happy for your Mom and how nice to spend time with your sons too.

LA Paylor said...

ahhh so a pop- lover for music, and all the ones you mentioned I like.
Drew listens to enya, she is too mesmerizing for me but Celtic women are beautiful! Look at you golfing! and so cute yoda-baby

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so great to hear that your mom is at home and getting back into her routine. They baby yoda is too cute. Have a great weekend Diann.

PaintedThread said...

Love your table centerpiece. LOL. Yes for Unchained Melody!

Angie said...

Diann - Spring Snow Crabapple! Who knew it had that name? We are in the UK visiting my in laws, and they have "drifts" of crabapple petals outside their gate and along the sidewalk. I love this version of "snow" at this time of year!

Great job on your tee shot, and yes, I love "Unchained Melody". Happy Mother's Day to you! Joining from LeeAnna's I Like Thursday!

piecefulwendy said...

Well played on that golf hole! There is not a better feeling than nailing a drive like that! Glad you have the photo to remember it by! 3D printers boggle my mind - LOL. Your little Baby Yoda is too cute, though! So glad your mom is home and doing well!