Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, August 21, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #194

I have to admit to a bit of "start-itis" this week...  I'm not sure what got into me, but I just kept having ideas for new projects to work on!  🤣

In my defense, I did also work on the things from last week's list, so I got the main things done that I intended to.  I finished piecing the backing for ScrapDance Quadrille, the layers are spray basted, and it's ready to quilt.


I also finished up the yellow blocks I needed to work on for August in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  


So all good there!

One new start was the placemats for my niece - I found the fabric for the colors she wanted, got the pieces cut and made, and have one placemat top sewn together.

It shouldn't take long to finish these up.

Another new start is a little cradle quilt for the donation drive that Carole at From My Carolina Home is coordinating.  I started another one a few weeks ago with some orphan blocks, but I decided I wanted to make something more kid friendly and gender neutral.  So I pulled out these cute elephants and found a pretty green to go with them.  Just nine of these 6.5 inch four patches will make an 18 inch mini quilt.

These will be good leaders and enders for other projects this week!

And then there's the... no, nevermind, the above items are enough!   I'll just say a squirrel hijacked my sewing space the last couple of days!  🐿 🐿 🐿

Hopefully, I will make progress on each of these during the coming week.
  • Start quilting on Quadrille.
  • Finish piecing the second placemat, and get both ready to quilt.
  • Make more 4 patches for the cradle quilt.  
  • Write a post and share the squirrel project that has distracted me the last couple of days! 
Linking up with Carol at Quilt Schmilt for To-DoTuesday.
Also with Quiltfabrication for Midweek Makers.









16 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such fun projects! Love the blue on your Quadrille.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like those yellow blocks,

Jeanna said...

You have me intrigued with the squirrel project. Can't wait to see what it is!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I sure like the yellow blocks! Nothing wrong with a little squirrel-ing! Life is short, ya know?

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Like that elephant print that you are using for the cradle quilt. Well done on the progress. . .any progress is good. Sometimes, I think startitis happens when there are other items that are close to a finish or to a stage. . . ready to quilt, becoming a top. .etc. Once those items get to the next stage, then it feels better to begin a new project. . .at least for me!

Vicki in MN said...

All of your projects look fun to work on, but we all still need to go off and play with the squirrels from time to time;)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love squirrels.
Excellent progress on the other projects too.

Kate said...

Even with the squirrels you made good progress on your older projects. Love the colors in those placemats. Definitely bright and fun. Good luck with your list this week.

Kathryn T said...

Lovely work - love those yellow blocks. Hmm I love new things creeping in, it keeps the quilting juices going.

Carolyn said...

I really like your scrap dance quilt. It's going to be lovely. I have been working on placemats today--a little coincidence.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Wow, Diann. You have a lot of darling projects going on. You have been one busy bee. The placemats for your niece are looking great. Love the color palette you are using. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

Linda said...

Haha on the squirrel hijack, I get it! Glad you are having fun. Love your Scrap Dance quilt. I forgot if I already asked you, will you hand quilt it? The placemat is just too cute. Your niece will love them!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your Startitis is great!! I really like those yellow blocks too - great idea!

piecefulwendy said...

Squirrel party at Diann's! What fun. You have some pretty projects going on. I'm getting distracted while going through boxes and bins as I try to move the final things into my quilt room. I'm finding it difficult to stay on task!

grammajudyb said...

Sorry I’m late commenting! Visiting with family leaves no time to visit blogs. Love all your ongoing project. My mom’s birthday was in August too. Next Monday!

Bonnie said...

A successful week even if a squirrel or two visited. I'm looking forward to what drew your attention away. Congrats on getting your yellow RSC done. I've been working on my red and yellow this week. Hopefully I'll finish but sets today.