Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

I Like Thursday #349

 Good morning, and happy Thursday!   I'm joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color

It was hot here yesterday - maybe the hottest day all summer.  Even the bunnies were hot!


I love sunflowers and they are growing all over the place around here.  So, one day when we were out and about, Mike and I stopped along a country road and cut some to bring home. 

Such happy flowers!

Yesterday I went to my LQS and shopped for some coordinating fat quarters to go with the strawberry print that I'm going to use for my niece's placemats.  She requested red, yellow, and blue, and here's what I came up with.  

The white with multi-colored stars will act as the background fabric
 in the 4 patches I'm making.  I've been playing with a simple design for the two placemats  - so fun!

My book club met this week, and this was our August book.  I enjoyed it very much, and it gave me a lot to think about.  Stories are always interesting to me - people's stories and fictional ones.   There is a character in the book who wonders off and on if we get to write our own story, meaning the story of how your life is going to go. 


During the evenings this last week, we've been watching Blue Bloods from the beginning.  I always liked this show, and watched it pretty religiously for quite a few seasons, but have gotten away from it in recent years.  I don't mind watching it again (I don't really remember the various storylines anyway, lol!) and there are lots of seasons, so we'll be covered for a long time!


Thanks for visiting - hope you're having a great week! 


10 comments:

Linda said...

The little bunny is so cute, he's doing the "sploot" like our cats do. :D Those placemats will be so pretty. We used to watch Blue Bloods and kind of wandered away from it. I always loved their Sunday dinners. And of course, Tom Selleck (easy on the eyes!)

Kate said...

Sunflowers are just happy flowers, yours are very joyful. Very fun fabrics for the placemats, those are going to be happy too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the bunny looks like he has heat exhaustion LOL. love the flowers

Jeanna said...

Awe, that poor bunny. I sure hope the heat breaks soon. We are quite comfortable in the mountains but we are off to FL this weekend to visit my mom for a week...not looking forward to those temps! You selected some pretty fabrics for your nieces placemats. I look forward to seeing them sewn up.

Libby in TN said...

With squirrels, apparently it's called "splotting", according to the Pennsylvania Piecemaker. I look forward to seeing the placemats.

PaintedThread said...

That is a hot bun! Pretty sunflowers.

MissPat said...

Ooh, that poor bunny. He looks like all the stuffing has leaked out of him. We've had only a few days near 90 this summer. Tomorrow the high is supposed to only be 66! But 85 by Sunday. It's been that kind of up and down summer.
Pat

Preeti said...

Oh goodness, that Bunny does look wiped out.
I enjoyed watching Blue Bloods too - so many handsome men :-)

Angela said...

Oh, that poor little bunny. Wow, the sunflowers look fantastic. I wish they grew wild around here!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

That little rabbit is hot. I think we all feel that way on these hot summer days. Gorgeous sunflowers, Diann and such lovely coordinating fabrics. I still adore the strawberry print.