Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I Like Thursday #348

Happy Thursday, friends!  We hadn't gotten out of town all summer, except to help younger son move, so when we got an invitation to some friends' 50th wedding anniversary party, I convinced Mike we needed to go.  It was held in a Colorado mountain town about 170 miles from us, so we turned it into an overnight stay.

Beautiful scenery!

In the center of that photo is Mt. Princeton, one of Colorado's 14ers.
We were at about 8,000 feet elevation at the party!

And so sweet to see lifelong friends! 

Barb, on the right, and her husband, Joe, were celebrating their 50th.
The three of us here were high school friends, and Debbie, on my left, and I met in kindergarten!   We were both in the wedding.  Hard to believe 50 years have passed!

Back at home, a few more things are starting to ripen from the garden.  The first tomato - yummy!


And a Jack Be Little pumpkin!  


After I shared the photo of my cucumbers last week, I was encouraged to try some refrigerator dill pickles after so many of you commented about them.  Sure enough, they were easy to make and tasted great!  Mike really likes them, and I have lots more cucumbers, so I will be making more!

Can you tell I used lots of dill?!

I've been stitching away on the Mini Sunflower Sampler this week.  Just a few more leaves and the stem to do - then I can figure out how to finish it!



I'm joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.   Have a great week!












12 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a wonderful thing to see old friends! It must have been a blast! I'm glad your tomatoes are coming in and the pickles look awesome! Have a great day!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy you had a fun getaway! Your little Jack is so cute!

Linda said...

Kindergarten friends are the best.! That is a great photo of you, looks like you were having a great time, and what gorgeous scenery! Yay on the first tomato!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how wonderful to see old friends that you have known forever and celebrate their 50th - that is so nice.
Your first tomato and here I am saying please no more tomatoes! Your 8000 foot stay in the mountains looks like it was nice.

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to gather with friends to celebrate a 50th anniversary. Love the little pumpkin! Your cross stitch is just about done. The sunflowers are in full bloom here.

Jeanna said...

What a beautiful place for an anniversary party. Nice photo of you and your friends. Glad to see your garden is coming in. That is the cutest little pumpkin. I imagine, those type are used for decor? Your little sampler is almost finished! I found the design to be a fun stitch.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good morning, Diann and Happy Thursday. How wonderful to get to visit your friends and celebrate their anniversary. Looks like your garden is doing great. Soon you will be swimming in tomatoes. I was hoping you would show the sweet Jack Be Little - so cute and teeny. I am going to have to plant some next year. Aah I just love your Sunflower Sampler ; you will be done in no time. Thank you so much for stitching it. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

PaintedThread said...

Love the little pumpkin. Looks like a fun party in a beautiful spot!

Angela said...

Your pumpkin is absolutely adorable!

Deb A said...

Looks like a fun getaway! So fun when the plants start producing and it's time for picking. Glad he liked the pickles.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Adored that photo and what a wonderful event that brought you all together. Beautiful stitching as always. THose pickles would be much enjoyed by a certain someone here!

Bonnie said...

What a fun week you had. I wonder if any of us who were bridesmaids have ever thought about celebrating a 50th anniversary with the couple? I don't keep up with any of my bridesmaids. My hubby made refrigerator pickles and liked them. Our son-in-law gave us a big cucumber. I wonder if he'll bring another one to us as we are seeing them tomorrow. Should I hint at it?