Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, August 7, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #192

We had the chance to get away for a couple days over the weekend, so there hasn't been much sewing around here since Friday.  Earlier last week, though, I did manage to get some items checked off last week's list!

Rainbow Neighbourhood is a finish!  Read my Friday post about it here.  I really love this quilt!


There was also some time to sew with yellow, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for August, and my post about that is here.

No progress on the backing for Scrap Dance Quadrille, except *thinking* about it - maybe that counts?!?

When I pulled out my yellows last week, I noticed I was pretty low on them, and I do need to make a few more yellow blocks.  So I went shopping at the quilt store, and that was fun!


So for the coming week...
  • I will definitely be sewing with these pretty yellows that I brought home.
  • And getting that backing made for Quadrille will be the rest of the list!
I'm joining in with Carol and friends at Quilt Schmilt for To-Do Tuesday!





8 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so nice to hear that you were able to get away and enjoy yourself for the weekend. Lovely yellow fabrics that you purchased. I am looking forward to seeing them in future quilts.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Have fun sewing this week, hope you can find the right backing for Quadrille. Those yellows are cheerful and sunny!

Linda said...

Your weekend trip sounds wonderful, and it's so nice to see your Rainbow Neighbourhood again. Now if it would just turn cool enough to use it. ;) Those are some pretty yellows!

grammajudyb said...

Glad you enjoyed your weekend away! Those are some fabulous yellow fabrics! I have some quilt store shopping to do myself this week! My solids are lacking in variety! I’m on the hunt for orange! Supposed to warm up a bit after out cold snap! 56 outside right now at 7:15 am!

Jeanna said...

Hope you getaway was enjoyable. Those are some pretty yellow fabrics and I look forward to seeing what you make with them. Enjoy your week!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Your Neighborhood quilt finished up beautifully! Huzzah! Along with green, yellow is my favorite color but I have very little of it in my stash. Hmmm....

Kathryn T said...

I love yellow and don't have that much of it either. Although at the moment I am trying not to buy fabric!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh getting away would be so nice. Refreshed now and eying such pretty yellows...can't wait to see what you make with them!