Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, August 14, 2023

To-do Tuesday #193

 After not being very busy all summer, we have had two busy weekends in a row, so not much time for sewing again.  But seeing family and friends is important, too.  Good thing I kept my to-do list simple last week!

I did get a chance to work on more yellow blocks and made some bowties and zipper blocks.  They're pretty in yellow!


I did also get a start on piecing the backing for Scrap Dance Quadrille.   I have one fat quarter left from my Cape Cod bundle that I've never cut into - it's beach huts and lighthouses!  Of course, it's not big enough for the whole backing so I squared it up and am adding some scraps of Sprinkles to bring it up to size.


This week I'll be continuing with the same things - yellow for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and getting Quadrille ready to quilt.  

Plus, I've had a request from one of my nieces for a couple of placemats.  She would like red, blue, and yellow in them.  Last night she was telling me that the rabbits she and her sister raised when they were kids loved strawberries and that made me think of this fabric that I've used in several projects this year.  There's just enough of it left now to use as an inspiration for placemats for my niece.

It will be fun coming up with some coordinating 
fat quarters and a design for two placemats!

Linking up with Midweek Makers at Quiltfabrication!








 


12 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty yellows! I like the backing for your square dance quilt. That strawberry fabric is so cute. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so love to see your Bow Ties blocks, Diann. You do have the most interesting fabrics...strawberries even!
.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many pretty yellow fabrics.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your yellow RSC blocks are so happy!

Susie H said...

Great! You had the PERFECT fabric for your niece's placemat and I bet you'll have fun coming up with some coordinating placemats to include. Good job on still managing to get some RSC yellow blocks done!

MissPat said...

Maybe you could find a fabric with little bunnies in it. I know I've seen some, but who knows where. i bet some of the 30's fabric lines have bunnies in them.
Pat

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have such a fabulous variety of cheerful yellows to work with, Diann. Love those bow tie blocks and what a fun fabric for your niece's placemat. Have a great week.

Kate said...

Very fun yellow blocks. Good luck with your stitching goals this week. Hopefully you can fit in a bit more stitching time this week.

Vicki in MN said...

Summer is a good time for get togethers and traveling, you can always sew when the snow flies;) Love your bright sunny yellows.

Jeanna said...

Your yellow blocks are looking great, Dian! I love the fussy cut birds in your zipper blocks.

Marsha Cooper said...

I don't know when I am not busy.....surprising myself by getting projects worked on.

Susan said...

Pretty yellows! Love them when they're buttery!