Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Slow stitching for a Sunday...

This week I finished up the Sew Day Basket design from Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting and tucked it into my sewing corner where I keep everything I need for evening hand stitching.

Scissors, thread, pincushions, reading glasses!

In my box of goodies from Nann, there was a stack of cross-stitch charts!  So fun to look through.  You can't tell here, but it's an inch thick!  Of course, I'm excited to try something from one of these charts.  Maybe a Prairie Schooler pumpkin for fall?

Thank you, Nann!

But first, I should probably finish up these sunflowers!

That's what I'll be working on today!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. 







 

12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lots of Sunflower projects going on this week on the blogs I read. Pumpkin season will soon be upon us and you have the perfect pattern to work on. Your SEW cross stitch pillow is a great addition to your hand stitching basket. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Kate said...

The Sew Day project turned out beautifully. It's definitely the time of year for sunflowers. Enjoy stitching on your variety.

Linda said...

Your little basket is so cute! My more attractive than the little box I use for my essentials. ;) I like your sunflowers, looks like a good stitching day for you. I am determined to get a least a few stitches in on my pumpkin stocking - I'm afraid I'll start it in the wrong place then run out of fabric!

Vicki in MN said...

I have that cross stitch book from Prairie Schooler. Your new finish turned out 'sew' cute!

CathieJ said...

The Sew Day Basket looks so cute in with all of your sewing implements. I have reading glasses all around the house near each of my projects. Your sunflowers are looking very pretty. You have a lot of great projects in your future with all of those patterns. Enjoy your stitching!

Jeanna said...

Your sunflower heart is coming along nicely. The Prairie Schooler charts will be fun to work on.

Angela said...

The sunflowers are charming!

Jill said...

A darling sewing basket!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

everything looks great - I love having all my hand stitching items located in one place it makes it so much easier to and sew and not look for things.

Jenny said...

You have plenty of exciting new projects with all those gifted designs, what to choose first?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah your Sew Day Basket looks adorable in your darling sewing basket. Thank you so much for stitching it. I just love your PS charts. The pumpkin would be a darling stitch. It is very exciting to see your progress on the Sunflowers too- just fabulous. Hugs.

Nann said...

I totally missed this post....hope you'll find a little gem to stitch among those near-vintage leaflets.