Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

I Like Thursday #402

 We had a guard bunny at our house the other day...

He sat there for the longest time!   Usually they lay in the grass or hide under the trees, but this guy was just sitting at attention like this, on the landscaping log, looking over his territory, or something!

I received some more happy mail the other day, this package was from Libby!  It is the cutest penguin pattern and some pretty blue fat quarters to use in it.

Thank you, Libby!

Happy 93rd birthday to my mom!  We had a really nice lunch out on the screened porch at her place, and lots of people came, including my sister and her daughter who share the same birthday as Mom.


LeeAnna's question of the week is about your favorite meal of the day, and do you have a favorite food for that meal?  I suppose my favorite meal changes with the seasons, but right now it's breakfast.  I always eat a bowl of Wheat Chex with some fruit on it, and when Colorado peaches are in season, my cereal tastes like dessert!  Yum!


Hope you're having a great week!  We're getting ready for a little weekend getaway up to the mountains,  and really looking forward to it!

Joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.













13 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy birthday to your dear Mom, sister and niece. What a great day -so many birthdays to celebrate. Aaah the guard bunny - how cute. I think breakfast is my favorite meal. As a child, Mom always prepared biscuits, gravy, eggs, and sausage. It is still one of my favorite meals though I do not eat it as often as I like. Fruit in cereal always makes it even more special. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! So fun to celebrate her special day with family. That penguin quilt is a perfect project for you! My favourite breakfast is toast made with the seeded multigrain sourdough bread we buy at our local farmer’s market. I put peanut butter on it and my husband prefers jam. Gail at the Cozy quilter

Linda said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Mom, she sure doesn't look 93! Your breakfast sounds about like mine, usually Honey Nut Cheerios or mini shredded wheat with a banana. Sometimes a banana with peanut butter. When I try to eat like I want to - pancakes, waffles, biscuits - I feel drugged the rest of the day - lol! Enjoy your getaway!

Kate said...

Happy birthday to your mother. Looks like she had a very fun party. We have rabbits in the yard too, but they are definitely more meek and run and hide at anything. The peaches have been good this year, I can see why it's your favorite meal at the moment. Enjoy your get away this weekend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that pattern of the penguins that will be neat to make. Happy Birthday for your mom and glad your sister and family were able to be there too. Have fun on your get away - we haven't had one for awhile but in about 3 weeks we will take off for a couple

Libby in TN said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the pattern! We have more chipmunks than rabbits. And bears! though we have yet to see one in our neighborhood.

Jeanna said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, Diann. Wow! 93 years youngs, how wonderful. Libby sent you a sweet pattern and nice fabrics. Enjoy your trip to the mountains.

PaintedThread said...

Happy birthday to your mom! It's good to be a Leo. ;-) I love that posing bunny. Have fun with the penguin fabric.

Angela said...

What fun happy mail! Lucky you!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I like the happy mail fabric and penguin pattern! How fun!!!! My favorite meal is any one I don't cook!

MissPat said...

Wow, I wonder what the chances are of having three generations sharing the same birth date. It looks like it was a fun occasion. Have a great getaway.
Pat

Deb A said...

That is so neat on the shared birthday! The bunny is too funny. I saw 2 just sitting on the lawn next door facing each other this morning. I do wonder what they were thinking... maybe having a chat? Enjoy your mountain getaway.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Happy birthday to your mom! The bunny is just too cute. We have a few in my area but they're always in the grass. Enjoy your weekend!