Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Midweek Update

Since we were away from home for four days over the last week, not much sewing has been happening.  But I did get to spend some quality time with these special people!

My brother, Steve, and my sister, Susan, and me!

So this week's Midweek post is more of a To Do list of projects that need some attention.  It's the end of August, and that's usually when I'm finishing up some small projects that fit in the Table Scraps category.  There are actually two of those this month - one needs some buttons sewn on and one needs the quilting finished up and some binding.

More about these later in the week.

And Melva posted the next block for Pieces of My Life, so it's time to work on that, too.  This one is called Chimney and Cornerstones.  This afternoon (Tuesday), I got all the parts cut out for this block, and even started the sewing.  It's not going to take long to finish up.


I need to get back to the quilting part of the second section of this quilt, too, so that's on the list for the week as well.  This section is sewn together, but the sandwiching and quilting still need to be done.  


There's plenty to work on, so you know what I'll be doing!  Sharing at Quiltfabrication for Midweek Makers.









 

12 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How fun to get to spend time with your brother and sister! I hope you had a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

Great to spend time with your siblings—that scenery in the background? Wow! Happy sewing now that you are home Gail at the cozy quilter

Vicki in MN said...

Special times indeed to spend with your siblings. Have a great week of sewing;)

grammajudyb said...

I’m glad you had a wonderful time with family. And in such lovely surroundings. I think I see a hint at your Table Scraps project. I’ve been working on mine too, and trying to clean up the mess on my cutting table to be ready for September Block Building. Have fun with that MLS block. It’s a good one!

Rebecca Grace said...

Samplers are so much fun, aren't they? I'm glad you were able to get together for some quality time with your siblings!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

seeing family is always nice to do and it looks like a great location. I like that block layout!

Nann said...

Glad you had a good visit with your siblings! Have fun catching up on your many projects.

Deb A said...

So glad you had a good visit with family. You just nudged my brain into an idea for the table scrap challenge. I kept thinking basket blocks... but I really need some new microwave bowl 'baskets'. Thank you! =)

Kate said...

So glad you had a good visit with your siblings. Pieces of my Life is coming along beautifully. Are you hand or machine quilting that project?

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Nice family photo! Your blocks are looking great, Diann!!!

Linda said...

That's a great photo of you and your siblings. :) Looks like you have some fun projects to work on this week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Family time is the best time! Great photo of you and your siblings. I hope you have a great week. Hugs.