Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

I Like Thursday #401

Happy Thursday!  How's your week been?  I enjoyed hosting my book club get together on Monday.  We read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine for this month's discussion.  It was quirky, sad, and uplifting all at the same time.


Linda asked me if there were cookies made for book club, but no cookies this time.  I just did little snack type things: mixed nuts with dried cranberries, strawberries, and my favorite chocolate treat - dark chocolate covered pretzels.  Yum!


There were lots of pelicans out at the lakeside trail where I meet a friend to walk, so I sent younger son out there with his camera.  He got several great shots, but I liked this one the best.


Another fun item found in the happy mail box from Nann was this tote bag.  I think it will make the perfect library book bag!


And LeeAnna's question of the week is about how we are coping with this very hot summer.  If you had asked me this question a week ago, I would have said it's making me very cranky.   The fan has been my best friend all summer long!



But last Thursday a cool front came through, lowered our daily temperatures by at least 10 degrees, and brought quite a bit of rain.   It has made our house much more comfortable and I'm way less cranky, lol!   And I think we're getting a hint of fall, too.

Joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.










12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lead a book club and we discussed that book. Everyone liked it, as I recall. Perfect library book bag for you! The A/C has certainly been our best friend this summer! Gail at the cozy quilter.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I enjoyed that read too! Your pelican photo is amazing. The reflections are too cool!

Linda said...

Refreshments - my favorite part of any get-together - lol! Yours look so tasty. Love that pelican photo, and what a perfect bag for you. I couldn't survive anything over 80 degrees without AC. Which is funny when you consider that I grew up without AC in the house, at least until Mom and Daddy bought several window units in my teen years.

Kate said...

Cholate covered pretzels are the ultimate sweet/salty treat. Which is why I never buy them, I'd eat all them! The pelican shot is beautiful. Love the how he captured the reflection. We got a cool down over the weekend, but now it's back to heat advisories for us. Hopefully we'll get another cool down before September.

Vicki in MN said...

Love the Pelican photo!! I know what you mean about the heat affecting, humidity just drains me. Nann sent the perfect bag for you!

Angela said...

Yum, your snacks sound way better than cookies!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that pelican photo! great looking tote bag and I will look to see what the book is about -

Deb A said...

What a great photo that is of the pelican! I'll have to check out that book. I just finished reading (audio) 3 series by the same author and need something new.

Jeanna said...

The lake photo is amazing. It is frame worthy. I've seen one other recommendation for your book. I'll see if our library has it available. Speaking of, the book bag is a nice gift from Nann and appropriate for you (Penguin)!

PaintedThread said...

I love nuts, dried fruit and chocolate - all sorts of tastes and textures. Chocolate covered pretzels are a favorite, too!

piecefulwendy said...

That bag is perfect for you! We have had a break from the heat as well, and it sure makes a difference. Fall is in the air, and school shopping is in high gear.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Wow I did not know pelicans flew into your area. A few years ago I saw a lone pelican on a lake in OK. They are a treat to see and that is a great photo. Oh yes, the air and fans have been our best friend this summer too. No rain is expected this week so it may be a bit muggy. Hope you are still enjoying a "little cooler temps."Hugs.