Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Travel Stitching

DH and I are getting ready to go out of town for a week, and I wanted a project to take along in case I have some time for a little slow stitching.  It seemed like the easiest thing to plan for would be a simple cross-stitch design, like one of Melisa's mini samplers.  So I hunted around on PinkernPunkin Quilting and found this one that I haven't stitched yet.

This is the Bunny Mini Sampler - found here.

I picked out the flosses I'll need, cut a piece of Aida cloth to size, and got out the bigger hoop to take along, too.


Last year, a friend gave me this adorable needle book that she made for me, so I'm taking it along to hold the floss, scissors, needle-threader and needles.  Isn't it sweet?


I love this little label that is on the inside.


Now I'm excited to get working on this little sampler!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.












14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all set for your trip —you’ve Packed the most important things first! Your stitching project! Love the sentiment in your needle book! Have a wonderful time. Safe travels! Gail at the cozy quilter.

Deb A said...

Enjoy your trip! Important to pick a project and get that organized first.... priorities =).

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Have fun on your trip, and travel safe!

Linda said...

I'm so excited for you! Isn't it nice to be able to take a trip without having to wait for school to be out? :) That is an adorable pattern - enjoy!

PaintedThread said...

Looks like a fun little project. Have a nice time!

Vicki in MN said...

Safe travels! You know I took along one of her pumpkin stitcheries and only worked on it a little, the roads were to bumpy to do in the truck and I just wasn't in the mood to do it other times. That's ok I will work on it here at home now;)

Auntie Em said...

There is something so satisfying about kitting up a new project. Enjoy your trip!

Angela said...

Enjoy your trip! That needlebook is charming!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun! love that tag on the back

CathieJ said...

Enjoy your trip and your stitching. I love the needlebook.

Sarah said...

That’s a sweet little cross stitch. Just right for a trip away. The needle case is lovely, what a super gift.

Karrin Hurd said...

Have a great trip, love the needlebook!

Jeanna said...

You chose a sweet travel project. Hope you have a great trip!

Kate said...

Hand stitching is a great travel project and you picked a cute one to start. Happy stitching and safe travels.