Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

I Like Thursday #383

 Here's our eclipse photo!  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Can you see all the little crescent shapes?


Older son got this one with his work camera which had a special filter on it. 


Our younger son enjoys cooking, and likes to figure out copycat recipes that sound good.  These were something he made last weekend - Copycat Crazy Puffs from Little Caesars Pizza.  They're made with pizza dough, pepperoni, sauce, and mozzarella cheese in a muffin tin.


We discovered that Trader Joe's has pizza dough that is very tasty and easy to work with.  We'll buy this again and try it for an actual pizza, too.


LeeAnna's question of the week is: Morning Person or Night Owl?  I'm definitely a morning person.  Never have been able to stay up very late.  I start fading about 9:00!  But I love those early morning hours when the house is quiet and I can read and sip my coffee when I am up all by myself.  Even in college when everyone else was pulling all-nighters, I would go bed at my regular time and get up early - 4 am?! - and study more then.

Good morning!

We will be out of town next week, so I won't have a Thursday post, so I'll answer next week's question here, too.  Crunchy or Chewy?  Oh, crunchy, for sure!  In fact, the joke in my family is that I might burn a pan of cookies, just so I can have them all to myself! 

Yum! 

Hope you're having a great week!  
I'll probably post as usual on Saturday and Sunday, 
and then be back here in a couple weeks.

Joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.



  



 







 


9 comments:

Kate said...

The colander photo is pretty fun. My Guy has a picture or two like your son's. It's hard to get good photos with a filter, he did really well. Enjoy your time away from home. Safe travels.

Linda said...

I love that colander photo! :D Those puffs look seriously good. Several folks on the Facebook pizza oven page swear by TJ's pizza crust. I'm a morning person too, the earlier the better. Just gives a good start to the day. Yes on crunchy!

grammajudyb said...

It was very cloudy and snowing. So no eclipse photos from here. I like seeing what other folks saw. The colander use is interesting.
We don’t have a Trader Joe’s, but I wish we did. I was in one in Arizona years ago. Have a good “away from home” trip. I’m usually the first one up here. It’s my best time. The crunchy or chewy question is a tough one. For me it depends on what I’m eating. I like most everything! ๐Ÿ˜‚ LOL

Jeanna said...

Love both eclipse photos :) I used to be a morning person but now I'm up later...would love to turn it around again. Like you, I love early morning when no one else is up yet. You are like my husband with the crunchy. I never have to worry if I over cook or over bake something. Enjoy your time away!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am neither a night owl or a morning person - although I do get up at about 7 in the morning it takes me several hours and several cups of coffee to wake up - I am maybe getting in gear by 10!! In bed reading by 10:30 at night

Angela said...

Great photo of the eclipse! The light was strange for about and hour around here. I was glad the clouds dissipated before the eclipse happened.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That's a very cute umbrella block-last post. They would make a fun and cheerful rainbow table runner. Yes the eclipse was really something. Beth brought over glasses so we could see it...amazing. You sound like such a diligent student...just the way I picture you actually. I am early to bed too and early to rise. Wish we had Trader Joes here in Canada.

LA Paylor said...

I miss TJ's... it's too far here for delivery.
I'm chewy... or better yet crispy. Thin crunchy.
LeeAnna

PaintedThread said...

We did the same colander thing! I'm chewy. A crisp outside is fine, but no crumbles.