Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

I Like Thursday #382

I get a daily email from a site called First Sip.  It usually includes a photo or artwork and a poem to lift you up first thing in the morning.  I really liked Wednesday morning's message, so I took a screenshot of it to save it.  

Here's what it says:
"The message to me? Be thankful for what you have. Stop and appreciate at all you've been given. Breathe spring's sweet air and look for her messengers. They're all around you, flying in by night and blossoming by day, singing the song that can't be stopped. Listen to it!"

Just in time for "I Like Thursday," we got a new piece of garden art that I think we'll enjoy.  A sunflower spinner!


This fun tiny painting was displayed at our bank recently - I'd say it was about 2 x 3 inches at the most.  


Which leads right into LeeAnna's question of the week:  Amusement Park or Day at the Beach?  I bet you know how I will answer that!

Ahhhh!  Hoping to get back by the ocean later this year.

And one last thing - I almost forgot that with the new month, there's a new Kathy Schmitz Woven Wreaths design to stitch!  It's a bunny for April.  I watched the video yesterday, and am ready to stitch tonight!


Happy Thursday - thanks for visiting! 
Joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.

















14 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I have wanted a kinetic piece for my garden for quite some time, where did you find your sunflower?

Kate said...

Very fun sunflower. Enjoy your slow stitching today. Have a great Thursday.

Linda said...

Love your garden piece! Yes I think your preference for the beach is pretty clear. ;)

PaintedThread said...

Ooh - good stuff. I really like that garden spinner. and what a cute tiny painting. (I have that easel, so I appreciate how small that is!) I agree - amusement parks can be fun, but a day at the beach is always great.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the garden spinner. There is a store (flea Market) type place that sells some here but I have not stopped to look. I really should one day

Nann said...

Little treasures to enjoy!

Angela said...

Oh, I love that sunflower spinner. I saw some gorgeous spinners when we were in Sedona. I will have to keep my eye open for some around here.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Nice thought for the day Have you always loved the beach? How is it that you weren't able to live nearer to one?

Jeanna said...

What a great message. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Your sunflower spinner is a fun addition to your yard. The little lighthouse painting is nice to look at while in line at the bank. I would have hard time deciding between the beach and the amusement park. We enjoyed both while living in Florida.

Vicki in MN said...

I like your new sunflower spinner, reminds me of things I have seen in Mexico. The ocean can be so calming can't it.

Helen said...

Does your flower spinner actually spin? I have one kind of like that, but I don't think we live in a place to have enough wind to make it do much.

grammajudyb said...

As I answered LeeAnna’s question of the week, I thought of you and that exact photo! Even beaches without warm sun and suntan lotion can be so special! I hope I can find some “ garden art” at one of our local “big box stores”. Mr Busy mentioned spiffing up our area around the bird bath and I’m in favor of that!

Laura said...

Love that garden spinner, Diann! I am a reclusive person, so I would definitely choose the beach over an amusement park any day! :)

piecefulwendy said...

I'd definitely opt for the beach. I'm not much for amusement parks, never was. One of these days I'm going to get a cute sunflower like that!