Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, April 12, 2024

More with yellow

We had a nervous little visitor at our house yesterday.  He (or she?) found a good place to hide after leaving the nest, behind that big blue pot, and then I scared him when I came out with my camera.  

Stay safe little guy!

Back in the sewing room, I made the four patches that were needed for the alternate block that I'm using with the patchwork hearts.


They are quick to sew together into the chain block.


And all the blocks so far... It's fun to see what's developing here!

I'm thinking I'll shoot for a 5 x 5 layout, 
so that there will be a heart block in every corner.
For that I'll need 13 hearts and 12 alternate blocks.

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday!









17 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love this layout and need to remember it! It's fantastic!

The Cozy Quilter said...

It’s fun to watch this quilt grow each month.

Linda said...

Awww what a sweet little bunny. We have rabbits under our shed and they come into the garden where I compost veggie "trash". Our big goofy dogs race like the wind to go find them every time they go outside. But the rabbits are smarter and faster than the dogs, thank goodness. Love those pretty yellow chains - hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute little chipmunk! Love those scrappy hearts and chains for your RSC.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will start to see a lot of rabbits pretty soon it seems every spring and fall I do they hop all of the yard - makes me glad I have the garden fenced in.

Sara said...

I love how the chain blocks are looking in this.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The heart and alternate block quilt is coming along very nicely. Now the question will be which colors to double up on or to add.

Deb A said...

Love how this is looking! I really need to go play with some yellow fabrics.

Jenny said...

I love those two blocks together.

grammajudyb said...

Such a fun scrappy block and alternate chain block! It’s going to be so cool! Hope you are enjoying this weather!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your chain blocks are looking good! Hope your furry friend makes it back to his (her?) home.

Susie H said...

Poor little Thumper! Once my Mom had three little bunnies in her window well. I startled two and they scampered off. The third one I worried about but he was gone the next day, safely I'm hoping! Your Hearts project looks great!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a tiny bunny! Your Rainbow blocks are looking even better each month!

Jeanna said...

Such a cute little bunny. Your blocks are looking great and I like the layout.

Kate said...

Your heart and 4 patch quilt is going to be a winner.

Chookyblue...... said...

the rainbow hearts look great........

Nann said...

The chains are a great way to make the hearts stand out. Wonderful colors!