Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Beatrice Bunny and Friends

The other day I finished up Beatrice Bunny, a sweet design from Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting.  I love her carrots, held up like lightning bolts!  Carrot power!

And her chick friends - so cute! 

Now I'm working on the April section of Kathy Schmitz's Woven Wreaths panel.  It's a little blue bunny!   Each month it's been fun to watch Kathy's video for the section and then get stitching.  She loves the stem stitch and uses it a lot, but I'm kind of clumsy with it, so for this bunny I've been doing a lot of back stitch.

Today I have a little bit more of the bunny to stitch, 
and then the branches, leaves, and flowers to work on.

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers at Kathy's Quilts!








18 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Two cute rabbits on your blog today! Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Kate said...

Beatrice Bunny's carrots do look really cool. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Linda said...

Lol on "carrot power"! She is really cute, and your stitching looks so neat. Stem stitch is my nemesis, and I don't know why. When I watch videos it looks so easy and neat, but when I try it, it looks awful.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those are too cute!

Sarah said...

Your projects are very sweet. Your stitches are so even!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute bunnies - ready for next Easter!

Vicki in MN said...

Adorable bunnies! Carrot power indeed, LOL.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Such adorable bunnies. . .carrot power for sure!!!

Angela said...

Aw, your bunnies are the sweetest!

CathieJ said...

I prefer the back stitch also, though I have gotten better with the stem stitch with practice. The bunny with the carrots is adorable. Enjoy your stitching!

Deb A said...

Very cute projects. All the bunnies look so happy in your stitches.

Kim said...

Carrot power, indeed! Beatrice Bunny is adorable. I too prefer backstitch to stem stitch.

piecefulwendy said...

You find the cutest stitcheries!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Carrot power--haha!!! And that adorable leaping bunny!!!💗

Astrid said...

Love both rabbits, so cute!

chrisknits said...

What a sweet bunny!

PaintedThread said...

I really like that hopping bun!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Sweet embroideries. I love them.