Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, April 5, 2024

Sunny Yellow

It's been kind of a hectic week here because we have been working on moving my mom to a different place, so there hasn't been a ton of sewing time.  But I did manage to play with the yellow scraps and stash a bit.

At one point, I took this photo of my ironing station because it made me smile!  Piles of different things - yellows sorted onto paper plates, rows sewn for a heart block, and some hollow nine patches stitched.


Hollow nine patches for the year so far.  I started these in February, so still need to go back and make some green ones.  I'm hand-piecing these.


Those yellow rows in the first photo turned into a patchwork heart.


There are five of these so far because I started with a dark blue block back in December, plus the alternate four patch chain blocks I'm making.  I still need to make a yellow alternate block - that will be on this week's To Do list!


Hope you've been having some fun with your yellow scraps this week!
Linking up with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.
Melva Loves Scraps for Sew and Tell Monday.








14 comments:

Linda said...

I hope it's a happy move for your Mom. It does make for a hectic time, doesn't it. Those are pretty yellows, what a fun scene to walk into!

Deb A said...

Hope your Mom is doing ok and adjusts well to the move. Your yellow's are so pretty. How big are your Hollow Nine patches? Hope you have a nice weekend.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with settling your Mom into the new facility, Diann. SEW glad that you were able to wedge some YELLOW stitching into your week!

Nann said...

Hope the transition is a good one for your mother (and for you). Sunny yellow!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many yellow projects - it will help you to stay busy with the move of your mom to a new place. Adjustments can be hard but after a few weeks at the new place things will get into a routine. Hope she will be ok there

Kate said...

Hope the move went smoothly. Love all your scrappy blocks, you'll have some very fun quilts at the end of the year.

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful yellows, bright and full of sunshine. I hope your mom likes her new place and adjusts quickly.

PaintedThread said...

Ugh - a move. That's a lot of work. I hope it's a comfy place and she is happy there. Happy yellow!

Sara said...

Moving is always stressful. Hopefully it will be a place where your mom is comfortable and happy. Love those scrappy hearts especially!!

MissPat said...

I hope your Mom took the move in stride and is settling in okay. And you even got some blocks done, too. I hope your snow season is finally over. We had a bit of snow the last two days, but sunshine now.
Pat

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I hope your mom and you weathered the move in the best ways possible. All that yellow speaks to me as pure sunshine! Thanks for brightening my day!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your hearts are coming along nicely. I got a chuckle out of the stray dandelion in the yellow heart. Just like the way they appear in a lawn.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lots of Happy Yellow!!! Moving is hard work! Hope it all goes well!

piecefulwendy said...

I hope the transition for you mom is going okay. You've snuck in some sunshiny yellow - always a good pick me up, in my opinion. I need to make my April blocks soon!