Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I Like Thursday #84

Happy Thursday, friends!  Thanks for visiting today!  For more I Like Thursday posts, don't forget to check out LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color.

This week, I liked that my bloggy experiment worked!



Leaving my own comment on my published post, and then checking the "Notify Me" box underneath brought comments back to my email!  It's a ridiculous thing to have to do, but until Blogger (or whoever) fixes the comment problem, I'll continue to do that.

This week, I enjoyed this email note and photo from our son who lives in Nebraska.

"What is this bird?
It was outside the office today. The bright yellow belly caught my eye. It’s bigger than a finch, I think."



Our kids know that Mom and Dad love birds, and we also really enjoy seeing their photos now and then.  (It's a Western Kingbird!)

We enjoyed one of our favorite hikes this week - the Lumpy Ridge trail near Estes Park.  I liked these rocks - 


Doesn't it look like someone is giving a friend a piggy back ride?

Later on, we were in town walking on the path by the golf course, and Mike caught this fun picture of some golfers waiting on the elk.


The elk were definitely not worried about delaying the golf game!

These pretty snap dragons are blooming in my garden!  I love their bright color!


I also like this pot of petunias in the backyard.


See the sunflower?  It's a volunteer in this pot, and it is really happy!  I'm just letting it go to see what happens.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!





16 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! I enjoy hearing from you!

Christine B said...

Glad the experiment worked! I may have to do the same on my blog for the moment! Love your photographs too.... fun to see the elk on the golf course! Christine x

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann,
Oh that sunflower in with the petunias is too funny! And the elk and golfers - nothing you can do but wait it out. That's a fabulous idea about leaving a comment on your post! I don't have that issue on Word Press, but have seen plenty of frustrated people with this new change. I know it will be worked out soon. ~smile~ Roseanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

just love seeing the elk don't you - just found out one of my nephews and family is out there right now at the park and they are enjoying it!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Those petunias are so sweet with the sunflower. Thanks for the heads up on the email issue. The elk are just taking their time-LOL.

LA Paylor said...

a volunteer! I love those surprises. Love Hoodoos, sort of like your rocks playing piggy back. Great connection with your son. I remember being a little girl opening and closing snap dragons. I kind of still like doing that

Shannon said...

Your flowers look great, but the picture of the golfers and the elk is just super fun. That really entertains me. As long as the elk aren't eating the trees (problematic in the area I grew up in) they're super pretty to watch. It reminds me of the bison on the road in Yellowstone where everything just crawls to a halt until they decide to move on....

Barb Neiwert said...

We have herds of elk that live near our mountains towns and are always fun to watch. I've never golfed with any before though, lol!

Louise said...

I love that you have volunteering sunflowers! What could be more cheerful than that? :)

louise (dot) hornor (at) gmail

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I forgot to leave a comment on my blog and check the box. Oh well. Like the rocks on your hike. LOL the Elk are not about to let them play through. Gorgeous flowers and the volunteer sunflower will be fun.

Linda said...

Seeing birds in our yard and seeing my flowers bloom both make me ridiculously happy, so I love seeing your photos. :)

PaintedThread said...

Ugh. I need to start doing that with my blog posts. The forums keep saying they're working on it, but it's been over a week now!

Neat rocks. Funny elk. Pretty flowers. yay! :-)

Suzanne said...

Our local birds have left a few nice surprise volunteer plants in our yard too.

Angie said...

Thanks for the tip on how to get email notifications going again … I am not sure this is something Blogger plans to 'fix'. I was tickled by the elk on the golf course - a case of the grass is greener?

Bernie Kringel said...

That volunteer sunflower is a kick. We get those now and then too. So fun.

Sandra Walker said...

Ah flowers and lol on elk. Have been around lots in our camping years through the Rockies of Alberta. Love the Western kingbird too!