Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I Like Thursday #83 - Inside and Out

Welcome to my latest "I Like Thursday" post!  I've been joining in each week with the party at Not Afraid of Color where we celebrate the good things going on in our lives.  Thanks for coming to visit me!

Inside, I like this new "toy" we got the other day - a Roomba vacuum cleaner!


We're still in the mode of learning how to use it and understanding how it works.  It's quite fun to watch - like it actually has a bit of a personality!


So far, it has picked up quite a bit of dirt off our floors (I'm embarrassed to admit...:), but I am glad to know it's doing its job.

I love to read, and love our local public library.  I've had a library card there since 1977 when we moved here!  Things have really changed in our libraries these days because of technology, though.    Anytime I want to, I can check what books I have checked out and when they're due by logging into my account.


Roseanne, did you get me started on David Baldacci's Amos Decker series?  I've been enjoying them, and just finished book #3!

Outside, it's that lovely time of year when we can be out enjoying our yard.  We've had lots of rain, so everything is green and growing!

I might be out here reading this afternoon!

I added a new rainbow spinner to my deck area this week.  These are so much fun when there's a bit of a breeze.


These little guys have been enjoying our yard, too, and are fun to watch.  Maybe it's too much to hope that they won't find the lettuce that's growing in the garden?!


Happy Thursday, friends!  Hope you're having a great week, and have some fun plans for the long weekend!





13 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It can be mesmerizing watching a Roomba work! I've thought about getting a one but, instead, invested $45 in a Swiffer Sweep 'n' Vac. Yes, I have to operate it, but it seems to be doing a good job of picking up the chunky bits and was a lot cheaper than the Dyson I was considering.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your rainbow spinner - I might need to keep my eye out for one of those. I have thought about getting one of those vacuum cleaners but haven't - does it go room to room without you putting it in each room? I really need to check them out. Your porch area looks nice

Michele McLaughlin said...

Happy Thursday to you!!! Great porch and those bunnies are adorable! Have a great day!

Louise said...

I'm a bit envious of your Roomba! Too many different levels on the boat to use one, sigh. Your yard is so green and inviting :)

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Your back patio is so inviting. I envy your Rumba. Very cool.

LA Paylor said...

we got a roomba when they first came out, and my poodle Cole would follow it around all the time. Also my husband followed it around to figure out how it was programed. Then it fell down the stairs.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann,
I have read the Amos books! In fact, I'm on the list for the most recent one that was just released this month called The Fallen. Isn't that series just SO interesting?!! I have been thinking about getting a Roomba - you'll have to give us an update as to how you like it! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The Local library is awesome. I may need to read the Amos books. Like your spinner, and your little furry friends.

Linda said...

We've considered the Roomba and figure the kitties would enjoy it if nothing else - lol!
I like your spinner!
We have rabbits in our yard too. They inhabit the gardens early in the morning, but I can't tell that they are eating anything. I hate it when our dog chases them off. :(

Karen S said...

Nothing better than watching a room being cleaned and not having to do it yourself!
Not sure about your chances with the lettuce when there are rabbits about. Good luck.

PaintedThread said...

Buns! Ooh - a Roomba - I keep thinking about getting one of those. I figure the hay on the floor could choke it. I love having an account with my library. So useful!

Angie said...

Those bunnies - it's like deer here - they WILL eat everything and anything - just a matter of time. I was sitting on our back deck just this morning, enjoying coffee and planning my day! Love this time of year.

Kate said...

You'll have to say more about the Roomba once you get it all figured out. They sound really interesting. We went from spring to summer seemingly overnight. Hope you get to enjoy the spring feel a bit longer.