Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 25, 2018

May Blocks for the RSC

Do we say this at the end of every month?  I can't believe May is almost over!  I have enjoyed sewing with pink this month and finished up everything I set out to make at the beginning of the month for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.

This week's blocks to complete were a couple of pink Scrappy Sprouts -


Aren't these looking like fun all together?!

I'm thinking that some kind of flower blossom at the top of these would be fun, too.

And here is all my pink sewing for May - 


Happy ScrapHappy Saturday to all!  Linking up with SoScrappy.  Be sure to check out all the pretty pink sewing that has been happening over there!





18 comments:

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Since retirement, I have had a hard time gardening (no green thumb), however your quilt block garden is growing beautifully -- LOL, I should follow your lead.

scraphappy said...

Great pink progress. Your blossoms are springing up nicely.

Mari said...

I love your sprouts! And all your other pink blocks, too, of course.

maggie fellow said...

I love your assortment- great sprouts:)

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Your Sprout blocks are such a great idea for the RSC. The pinks are so pretty. I had a hard time finding pink/rose scraps so guess I need to make more pink quilts. LOL

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Very pretty sprouts and lots of progress on all ! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your scrappy sprouts! Such a fun garden... no weeding required!

LA Paylor said...

I just love this block. It looks so fresh and gentle with all the scraps.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, so pretty.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think someone spirited away half of May. The time went SEW quickly!! At least, you found time for your PINK quilt blocks. :o))

Ivani said...

Your pink Scrappy Sprouts looks pretty good. And it was a great idea to add some flowers to the top of the sprouts.
It is easier when we have a bunch of scraps for working during the month. Your pink blocks are beautiful Diann.

Janice Holton said...

Wow! You've been very busy with the pink this month! I feel good to get my two blocks done! You have some very fun collections going on there. :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great block. Love the sprouts, but all your pink blocks are gorgeous.

JanineMarie said...

Pretty pink projects. And yes, I think a flower at the top of the sprouts would be fun.

Sue SA said...

Your sprouts are looking gorgeous, a flower at the top would be lovely.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, they look good all together

Linda said...

Yes to the flower at the top of the scrappy sprouts! Love those colors together. :)

Karen S said...

The sprouts do look gorgeous in all their colours. Lovely work all round.