Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 11, 2018

In the pink!

It's always fun at the beginning of a new month, to go on a scavenger hunt for scraps and stash in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color - for May, it is pink!

After returning from our trip to Washington, DC, I finally had a chance to dig into some pink.


I also decided to look at some of my WiP boxes to see what I needed to make for those projects.  There, I discovered that I had already made a pink Tiny Rails block, and also one in yellow, which I don't think I shared last month.


Here are the pink bowties I made when it was pink month in 2017.  


Since I need at least 10 bowties in each color, I'll be making more pink ones as the month goes on.  Here are a couple new ones - 


And my main focus for pink this week - my Squared Away blocks for the 2018 RSC Sampler quilt.  I really enjoyed making these, and they went together so easily!


Aren't these looking pretty together?


Thanks, Mari and Angela, for planning this year's sampler and sharing all the info for making the monthly blocks! 

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday!





20 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

You have a lovely collection of blocks in the works.

Vicki in MN said...

Yes they are looking wonderful together! Glad you got some sewing time in:)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how many different quilts are you making with these blocks or do they all end up in one big one? I like some of the patterns but making so many of my own I try to not start more with the quilt along's on so many blogs

Marly said...

Your squared away blocks are lovely, as are all the others. I have some projects too, started last year and still in progress but my trouble is that I don't know which I did last year, and which this!

Ivani said...

Oh Yes Diann, they are looking good together! Love all the pink blocks you made. "Traveling is good but coming home is better" , great you found some time for sewing.

Mari said...

Your blocks look great together! I love those tiny rails, too. So cute!

chrisknits said...

Those squared blocks really pop. Beautiful colors.

Edith said...

So many nice pink projects. Your squared away blocks look great together, love the new pink ones.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Yep those Squared Away blocks are looking very pretty indeed! :)

Cathy said...

I’m just loving your blocks! This is so much fun, isn’t it?!?

Louise said...

All your blocks are looking great! The little pink and blue birdies are very sweet :)

Janice Holton said...

I love seeing what everybody makes for RSC. Your collection is growing quickly and look wonderful!

Laura said...

Your blocks look terrific! I may have a bit of stash envy...love the owls and the birds! :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your sampler blocks look amazing! I am enjoying this sampler too. I hope to get to this month's block soon!

Karen S said...

All your scrap blocks are looking wonderful. And they always seem to look so good together.

Linda said...

As always, your bowties are so cute. And I love the squared away blocks together, the design as well as the colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've created some darling PINK blocks!!

Katie Z. said...

Look at those fabulous blocks!

Kate said...

Love all those pretty pinks. Your Squared Away blocks look fabulous. It's going to be such a fun quilt.

Sheila said...

I love all your fun, colorful, rainbow challenge blocks. You go girl!