Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 4, 2018

Sawtooth Stars in Pink

I knew early on that I wouldn't have much sewing time this week, so I decided to spend the little time I did have stitching up a couple more Floral Sawtooth Stars.  Part of my plan for this project is to make the stars in different sizes and then find a fun way to combine them into a quilt.

Amy, at Diary of a Quilter has a great tutorial and very helpful size chart HERE that I've been using for this project.

This week I started with a 9.5 inch star, and added a border around it to bring the whole block to 12.5  inches.


I always start with the center floral fabric, and then choose the corner square and flying geese fabric to go with the center.  Lucky me, I chose some pink this time, which turns out to be the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for May!

Just for fun I decided to make a little 4.5 inch star, too.


These two are kind of fun together!


And here are all of my 12.5 inch blocks so far.


Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday 




23 comments:

Kay said...

These are so pretty. x

Kate said...

Very pretty. Did you notice you picked both pink and green for your blocks? Definitely spring colors.

Libby in TN said...

That's going to be a lovely quilt.

Linda said...

I am very much liking the different sizes together!

Linda said...

Very pretty blocks, they all blend together so well. Love that pink fabric.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty blocks - I always love stars

Vicki in MN said...

I love your idea of mixing the different sizes, it gives it more character.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

VERY pretty! :)

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I love how you mixed up the sizes of stars!

Mari said...

Pretty stars! It will be fun to see how you set them all together.

LA Paylor said...

adorable

Deb A said...

Such cute stars! Love how these are looking.

Ivani said...

Pretty floral stars and the different sizes will bring some more insterest to que quilt. Great idea Diann.

Louise said...

Such soft, pretty colors, and the various sizes are playing nicely together. This is going to be so lovely :)

gayle said...

Beautiful stars!

Karen S said...

Looks like these are a great go to block when time is limited. They looks great.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I'm swooning for the flower stars! So pretty and sweet! Well done!

Karen said...

Your star blocks are adorable. I love the combination of the different sizes of stars,

Kathy's A Quilter said...

I love your collection of blocks and the colour blending is perfect.

Anonymous said...

These blocks are gorgeous!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am loving what you are doing with this project. I love the different size blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love these 'sawtooth star' blocks! Makes things interesting having the different sizes too.

Christine B said...

Beautiful and I just love the fabrics you have used! Christine x