Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, May 28, 2018

An Experiment

This morning while doing my usual blog reading, I came across an idea from another blogger that might work around the comment to email problem we're all having.  More about that in a minute!

To try out my experiment, I decided to do a quick post about the Happy Bird blocks I've been working on.

I realized this morning that I should have a bit of a plan for these blocks, so I drew up a quick sketch.

I need 48 blocks - 24 with light borders and 24 with dark borders - for a 6 x 8 layout.

So I've made a few more since yesterday's post - 


They're kind of addicting!  :)

After I publish this post, I'm going to leave a comment on my own post, and check the box below the comment box that says "Notify Me."  Maybe that will get comments made after the first one to get emailed to me.  Leave me a comment and I'll let you know if my experiment worked!

Linking up with Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share at Koka Quilts!


16 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm leaving myself a comment to see if I can get around the comment to email problem! I hope this works!

Libby in TN said...

I'm replying to your test comment.

Libby in TN said...

I'm also commenting here to see what works. BTW, I like your bird blocks!

Libby in TN said...

And now I want to know what, if anything, works. I don't really want to change, but I don't want to ditch my blog altogether, either.

Louise said...

Cute blocks! I hope your experiment works. Let me know if it does!

Maddy said...

Love your blocks. Hope your experiment works.

Karen S said...

Good luck with your test. Love seeing the blocks, too.

Linda said...

I love where your happy bird blocks are going!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just read on someone else's blog that they were having comment problems - hopes yours works

Vicki in MN said...

Yes I want to know if it works for you!! I haven't posted for several days and was off the grid so I didn't even know there was a problem:)

Janice Holton said...

Like these simple blocks! I hope your experiment works. I haven't even been motivated to blog lately because what's the point if you can't interact with people? :( Sad face.

Christine B said...

Love your blocks... the plan looks great! Interested to know if your idea re. comments works. I read this morning that Blogger are updating their emailing system and that the problem should be fixed in a week or so. Let's hope so! Christine x

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Hi Diann. These blocks look pretty. Hope your experiment works.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Pretty blocks, I like how the light & darks alternate. Thanks for sharing with 'sew stitch snap SHARE'.

Mari said...

We're dying to know-- did it work?

Mystic Quilter said...

Neat bird fabrics in your blocks!