I decided to go for a 9 x 10 layout, so 90 blocks. Some colors I already have plenty of, and others need to get caught up so I can work on sewing them together! These blocks are 6 inches finished, so I should get about a 54 x 60 quilt top out of them.
This week I made bowties of many colors - because these were the bits and pieces that were sitting on my cutting table that I needed to sort through and get put away!
You might notice that while I was cutting pieces for my Happy Birds blocks, I also cut for bowties!
I added a few more bird blocks to the collection, too. I'm having fun finding the perfect light or dark border for the inner squares - keeping in mind that I need 24 of each eventually.
And then, since Angela announced that teal and turquoise are the RSC colors for June, a couple more bowties were stitched up!
I had fun fussy cutting those frogs!
Happy beginning of June to everyone! Linking up with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap! See you there!
Update on my Experiment with comments - it worked to bring comments to my inbox, but not sure if my replies back to you went anywhere. I tried replying to my own comment and it never came back to me. ;( Darn it!