Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I Like Thursday #82 - Colorful!

I love this time of year! Don't you?!  The leaves on our trees are that bright Spring green, the lilacs are blooming and smell so good - it really is my favorite.

Right now,  the Columbine are blooming in our garden.  We started these years ago, and they come back every year.  Did you know they're the state flower of Colorado?


I enjoy planting my garden and pots on Mother's Day, so after we talked to our kids that morning, I did just that.  Everything seems pretty happy so far!


Several of these beautiful Western Tanagers have been visiting our yard this week.  Their bright orange heads and yellow bodies really catch your attention!


Speaking of color, I received this fun set of Aurifil thread in the mail recently.  It was a prize I won from participating in Project Quilting earlier this year.  I'm going to enjoy having these pretty threads to choose from!


My last like to share today is that I like making progress on a Work in Progress!  I got my Penguin Mystery Block quilt basted and quilting started.  It shouldn't take too long to finish it up!


I hope you're having a great week!  You can find more "I Like Thursday" posts over at Not Afraid of Color, hosted by Lee Anna.  See you there!





12 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann,
Oh your Penguin mystery block!!! That fabric is just adorable and so darn fun. Coming right after your Aurifil thread picture (nice win, BTW) I can see some of that thread matches. I look forward to seeing this all complete and how you quilt it! ~smile~ Roseanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty threads and pretty flowers! I tried Columbines one or twice and they died on me - I'd really like to try them again sometimes I do love them.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I remember the first time I saw the columbines on the highway in Colorado many years ago. So beautiful. I like your plant combo in the pot. Yum to the Aurifil box!Enjoy! mary in Az

Vicki in MN said...

So glad you posted your Western Tanager pic, what a beautiful bird, we don't get those:(

Linda said...

Beautiful pics! I normally love this time of year, but we are having unusual record-breaking heat and dryness this month - ugh!
Can't wait to see your Penguin quilt!
What is the spiral thingy next to your bird feeders?

Louise said...

That's a nice prize! And I love the bird photo. It's great to see some songbirds, since I'm out where I only see shorebirds these days :)

LA Paylor said...

all your quilting colors match the tanager! What a gorgeous bird and good photo!

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your Penguin Mystery Quilt! That tanager is so lovely, we don't have them here, you are very lucky!!! Great thread too! Have a wonderful day!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I just realized the Santa you have in the post before this one--is the same pattern that I used to use to make them and sell them--don't even have one left for me!!!Yours is cute--it is a gift from someone--or did you make it???
enjoy, di

Christine B said...

Beautiful photographs Diann, I love this time of year too! Your Penguin quilt is looking lovely... look forward to seeing it all quilted and finished! Christine x

PaintedThread said...

I've been loving the color, too! That tanger is a pretty bird. And yay for the prize thread - what a great thing to win!

Shannon said...

Oh your flowers and birds are so fabulous! I haven't been able to get any bird pictures lately, and in any case don't have any as beautiful as yours. So cool!