Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I Like Thursday #80 - a new hike

I've posted before that DH and I enjoy hiking, especially the popular "urban" hikes in our area that are part of city and county open spaces.  We found a new spot in Boulder the other day that I wanted to share with you for my likes this week.


This is Colorado at the end of April - hints of green wherever you look.  The trees are starting to leaf out - sometimes you can see it, sometimes you can't!


This hike goes around a little lake, right up to the foothills, and in between some residential neighborhoods with funky Boulder houses.

One of these was for sale, for only $775,000!  Yikes!

We saw several hang gliders soaring along the ridge as we walked.

Evidently this is a popular spot for that activity!


Beautiful views and blue, blue sky - this is what I love about Colorado!


The way back to the car took us through a neighborhood, and I had to share this fun mailbox!

LeeAnna, you need one of these!

Happy Thursday, friends!  Hope you're having a great week!  Hope you will join us at Not Afraid of Color for all the I Like Thursday posts.






10 comments:

Linda said...

You are so lucky to live in CO! Wow on the 775K house.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I love a good hike, this area must be really pretty when it greens up.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

aren't the prices of houses crazy in some places! the hike looks really pretty reminds me of an area we walked through on one of our many trips in Colorado - I think the one I am thinking of might have been in Steamboat Springs - we were only over-nighting in the area so I might have it confused with another spot

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Thanks for the view in Boulder. I loved that area when I was in Colorado in the 80's. Crazy home prices! mary in Az

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann,
When I got to the mailbox picture, I thought hey - LeeAnna MUST live there! She found a new home! Oh man, those views are just stunningly beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us! Oh yeah, I'll take two of those houses - not!
~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

I do need that!! snitch if for me! lol
I have a cow mailbox, and with that I could be on my way to a mailbox collection lol

PaintedThread said...

That does look like the perfect mailbox for LeeAnna. lol. What a beautiful area. It must look so lush when it's all in bloom/leaf.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Thank you for taking us on your hike!!! I enjoyed it :D
Love that mailbox as well! Hugs and have a great day!

Kate said...

A beautiful walk. Love the funky mailbox. Happy stitching this weekend.

Angie said...

Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't - I get that. Looking out the back window, my eyes can see the aspens leafing out, but I don't think my phone camera could catch the subtlety! Have a great weekend!!!