Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Stitching in Blue

It seems like all the blue embroidery floss came out to play this week!  I started with Melisa's Tulip Mini Sampler, and used DMC 4237 - Laguna Blue - for the letters.  That's one of my favorite variegated blues.  Then I decided to change to DMC 3325 - Medium Baby Blue - for the tulips.   This was a fun little design to stitch!


Now that the calendar page has turned over to March, it's time to stitch the next monthly design on the Kathy Schmitz Woven Wreaths project.  I watched her video yesterday afternoon, and I'm all ready to go.


March's design is the Queen Bee!  I've been stitching this project with DMC 930, as suggested on the panel - Dark Antique Blue.  Ms. Queen Bee has the satin stitch for her body, which isn't my favorite stitch.  I think I'll dive right in to that section first!

This will be my Sunday Slow Stitching for today!

Linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.














12 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too like to start with what isn't my favorite to get it out of the way! Your blue stitchery is wonderful. So many sweet little designs! Sounds like you are enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Another little sampler done! So cute! I like a project that pushes me to learn something new. You will be a satin stitch queen soon! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Linda said...

I like the way you used the blues in the tulip sampler! Good luck with the satin stitch - was never my favorite either. :D

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is absolutely lovely,Diann. I watched Kathy's video because I always learn something from her. I"m caught up on your posts. At least Mike will do dishes! And take out Chinese is a favourite here too. I love that Cynthia showcased your beautiful quilt. Chicks and tiny sprouts in the garden are definite signs of spring that's for sure!

CathieJ said...

That is my approach also lately. Stitch what I don't like to do so that it isn't hanging over my head. It makes the rest of the stitching much more enjoyable. I look forward to seeing your queen bee. I love the little tulip sampler. Enjoy your stitching!

Deb said...

The tulip sampler is very pretty. I'm going to work on my Queen Bee later today, I plan to start with the Bee too.

Deb A said...

Love the queen bee design! Have fun stitching today.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Sunday, Diann. Your mini Tulip Sampler looks amazing! Love the colors of the little birdie- looks like a robin. How adorable!Your embroidery is looking amazing. I wish you a lovely afternoon working on the bee block. Hugs.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I had to chuckle when I seen your spring ABC sampler from Melissa--cause I finished the stitching on mine this morning and also did a robin --instead of the crow--how funny!!!
but I did pink tulips--!!!
I just started the St Pattys ABC this morning--
have a great week--hugs, diane

grammajudyb said...

Hope you got further along on the Queen Bee than I did! I had every intention of stitching, but not yet! Maybe when we sit down tonight for some TV! Fingers crossed!

Kim said...

That's a cute little sampler. Such pretty blues. Satin stitches can be temperamental. Good you are doing her highness first and then she's done. Though it looks as if stem stitch features too. I have an one-off relationship with stem stitch.

Kate said...

The tulips mini sampler turned out beautifully! Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching last weekend. Not sure what happened, but for some reason none of your recent posts were coming through to Feedly until today.