Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Midweek Update

Having nothing important on my sewing To Do list this week, I decided to play with the 2.5 inch squares from my Little Penguin Scrap Bin.  I started making four patches out of them last fall, and have used some of those in other projects already.


I realized right away that I have mostly run out of pairs of matching squares, so this time I pulled out anything that was gray, and anything in the purple/pink/orange-ish colors and some aquas.


I ended up with this piece, 12.5 x 16.5, using up 48 squares.  


A piece of a fat quarter for backing, and a scrap of batting, and it was ready to quilt.


It won't be long until I have a finished placemat sized tabletopper which will be fun to use!

Sharing at Quiltfabrication for Midweek Makers.









 

10 comments:

Kate said...

A fun way to use up those odds and ends.

PaintedThread said...

I love the little projects when they happen.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Woohoo, another quick finish for your Stashbuster total!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I keep saying I need to take one of my boxes out of pre-cut squares to use as leaders and enders and then I don't. I just don't have room by the sewing machine to leave a box or stack of them out to use. Do you do yours as leaders/enders or just start at it.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

This is really cute and a great way to use your cut up squares!

Jeanna said...

You are making great use of those small pieces. I need a table topper for a small piece of furniture. You've inspired me to dig through the scraps. Maybe I can do that over the weekend.

Kathryn T said...

What a great idea to make some placemats with those never ending 2.5 inch squares that seem to accumulate. I will have to follow your example.

Linda said...

The gray really looks good with the purples and oranges and those little bursts of aqua - lovely!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Way to use up all the scraps. I like the gray you chose,

grammajudyb said...

That is a great way to use up those squares! I have some of the fabric in row 5 column 5. Aqua with the orange circle! It’s a favorite. Mine is about gone! I might have to follow your lead! :)