Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, March 8, 2024

Getting started with purple...

It's always such a pleasure to pull out the new color of the month and start digging through the scraps and stash!  That's what I did this week with purple.

Squares and HSTs for a patchwork heart block, 
and odd shaped pieces for crumb blocks.

And, in fact, I did get the patchwork heart sewn up, with lots of fun purples in it.



There are four of these so far, plus three of the alternate chain blocks that I'm also making in the color of the month.   I haven't started the purple one yet, but those blocks will be on the list for this weekend!


Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.








 

20 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

A fun way to show off your scraps! I spy a penguin!

Linda said...

You've got such a good start on your heart blocks! Those purples really are fun - and I'm shocked to see a penguin in the midst! :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute that you have penguin fabric in there!

grammajudyb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grammajudyb said...

You have lots of beautiful purple fabric! And, of course there was penguin fabric! Sew cute!

PaintedThread said...

I like how these are coming along.

Susie H said...

I spy a purple penguin!!! Lol! The heart blocks look beautiful!

Kate said...

Those heart blocks are really cute. Purple is one of my favorite colors to sew with, so I'm looking forward to playing with all those scraps this month.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a pretty purple block!

Astrid said...

Nice variety of pretty purples for the heart. Love the other heart blocks too.

LA Paylor said...

am I the only one who looks to see the individual fabric and if I have them too?

Jenny said...

I love your selection of patchwork hearts.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been busy, Diann. There are so many lovely fabrics in this heart. This is certainly going to be a quilt of love. Happy quilting. Hugs.

Mary R. said...

The heart blocks are adorable! I may do some of those as well.

Mari said...

I love your little patchwork hearts so much!

Vicki in MN said...

Lots of fun purples in your heart block.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely heart blocks Diann. And a great variety of purples, it's one colour I don't have a lot of.

Nann said...

The hearts are so pretty -- I like the low-volume-but-all-different backgrounds that you're using. They make the scrappy hearts stand out so nicely.

Jeanna said...

Very nice heart blocks! That pattern is a great stash buster.