Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Slow stitching for this Sunday...

Over the last year or so, since I started cross-stitching, I've made some of Melisa's little stamp designs that are for each season.


But I haven't made one for Spring yet, and it's about time!  So I hunted around on Melisa's blog, PinkernPunkin Quilting and Stitching, and found the perfect little design.


And here's my start.  I chose different colors for the border and letters, but will stick with more similar colors for the bluebird and wheelbarrow of tulips.



Lots more to do today for my Slow Sunday Stitching









14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to see all these spring projects popping up! Gail at the cozy quilter

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Melisa's designs are fun and happy. Your Spring project will be a great add to your collection! I like your colors.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute projects!

Vicki in MN said...

Sweet little pillows:) So do you always complete one cross at a time, seems like you do that for the variegated floss, right.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah your stitch is looking precious, Diann. I love the border floss color. It warms my heart to see your finishes. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your support and encouragement. Has it warmed up in your neck of the woods? We finally are receiving some sunshine today after a few days of rain. Perhaps I will sit out on the porch and stitch today. Have a beautiful day, sweet friend.Hugs.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are always tempting me with the treasures you find to stitch! Of course Melisa tempts us all 24/7 doesn't she?!?!

Angela said...

I love the blue bird! Enjoy your stitching!

Sarah said...

That is a lovely little spring project. It will finish the set off beautifully!

linda said...

They are lovely and the Spring one is so sweet enjoy your sewing.

Deb A said...

Lovely. Your little season pillows are cute.

Linda said...

That little bird is so cute! Love the floss colors. That is a sweet collection you have going.

Jenny said...

Your little bluebird cushion is just in time for Spring! Its Autumn here now, and the temps are cooling down.

CathieJ said...

I love that little Spring stamp. I may have to work on this myself as I don't have many Spring cross-stitch pieces.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its adorable!!! and bring on Spring !!!