Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, July 31, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #191

Goodbye, July, and Hello, August!  I had a few different things on my to-do list to finish out the month of July.  Did I get them done?

Quilting on Rainbow Neighbourhood is completed and the binding is almost finished.  In fact, I bet it will be done by the time I hit publish on this post.  Just about 20 inches or so left to stitch!

I'll plan to write up a finished post for Rainbow Neighbourhood 
towards the end of the week.

The tea cup embroidery mini quilt is also finished.   This was a fun little project!



I also finished up the borders on my mini version of Scrap Dance Quadrille, designed by Carole at From My Carolina Home.   I'm not particularly happy with this picture of it - I have pressed it several times and yet it still looks like it needs more!   Hopefully after quilting it will look better.  Next step is to figure out a backing for this one.

This is about 34 inches square.

On this week's to-do list:
  • Photograph and write up a post about Rainbow Neighbourhood.
  • Get started on some yellow blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month for August.
  • Work on a backing for Scrap Dance Quadrille.  Maybe! 
I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep busy with!  Joining in with Carol and friends at Quilt Schmilt for To-DoTuesday!





11 comments:

Linda said...

I'm looking forward to your Rainbow Neighbourhood post!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like your Quadrille colors, It will probably flatten out as it is quilted, and you'll like it more. Cute teapot mini.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your red embroidery turned out really nice. The little quilt is pretty

grammajudyb said...

Wow! You got several projects to and almost to the finish line! Looking forward to your RN post and to get a glimpse of your yellow August projects! I was going through my embroidery finishes the other day and need to take your lead! Completely finish them!

Jeanna said...

Another really good week for you last week. I look forward to seeing what backing you select for Quadrille. The flimsy turned out so cute.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Looks like you had a good week. Love all three of the projects--all so close to being finishes!

Kathryn T said...

Will be watching for the neighbourhood quilt later in the week. Love that little tea cup quilt too. Very partial to tea!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You had a fabulous and productive week, Diann. I can not wait to see your lovely Neighborhood in all its glory. Your teapot quilt is absolutely darling. Have a great week and happy August.

piecefulwendy said...

Well done, you! Each of your projects turned out really well. I cannot wait to see your Rainbow House finish!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

All three of these projects are so pretty, Diann. Especially loving the stitchery!

Susie H said...

I like your projects. Quadrille turned out really cheerful!