Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, July 10, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #188

Good morning, and happy Tuesday!  I'm joining in with Carol and friends at Quilt Schmilt for To-DoTuesday.

My sewing machine time this week has been dedicated to quilting my Rainbow Neighbourhood, and I'm feeling pretty good about the progress.  2/3 of the vertical lines of quilting are done at this point.


Also on last week's list were to make more Positivity leaf blocks and finish another block for Scrap Dance Quadrille, but there was no progress on either of those.  They'll stay on the list!

I did hand-piece some bowtie blocks, just so I could say I worked with my red scraps during the week!


This week I am back to sharing my sewing space with our son who is living with us for awhile, so it's hard telling what I'll get done.   I did make myself a portable cutting station so that I could carry my supplies up to the dining room table and get some blocks ready to sew together when I get a chance.  These are pieces for the zipper blocks I've been making each month.


So, on this week's list:
  • Sew up these zipper blocks.
  • I'm also planning to get some more quilting done on the Rainbow Neighbourhood.  
  • If I work on those two things, I'll be happy!
Have a great week, everyone!







  


10 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Hope you can get in some sewing time this week. Borders for Quadrille are coming on Friday.

Linda said...

Glad you got a portable station together, hoping you get lots of time to sew. Looks like you are making great progress on the Neighbourhood!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if you can move some of your work upstairs for awhile that will help you out especially any hand work that you have. I hope your son can figure out his next step soon so you (and he) are settled back into a good routine

grammajudyb said...

You are making great progress on RB Neighbourhood! I always liked cutting at the kitchen counter. They seemed a good height for me. Preparation is 1/2 the key. At least in my world. It’s been hot in your neck of the woods, so take care!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Great quilting progress. It takes a long time to quilt on a domestic machine!

Kathryn T said...

How wonderful to be quilting the neighborhood rainbow quilt. Must be difficult sewing while sharing the room. More hand piecing!!

Deb A said...

Smart to prep some hand work while the quilting studio is in use. I hope things are ok with your son. Always nice to know you can go home if needed. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kate said...

Sounds like a bit of this and that this week. The quilting is looking good and those red blocks are really cute. Creating a portable cutting station was a good idea. Enjoy your stitching time when you can work it in.

Jeanna said...

The portable cutting station is a great idea. Hope you are getting in some sewing fun this week.

Mary said...

Those hand pieced red bow tie blocks are just wonderful!!!