Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, July 24, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #190

Slowly, but surely, I'm making progress on the items that were on last week's To-Do Tuesday list!  

The Scrap Dance Quadrille blocks are sewn together and the first borders are ready to sew on.

Looking at this photo, I realize that the top and bottom borders need to be reversed when I get to sewing them on so that I don't have two of the exact same green HSTs together.  

Quilting on Rainbow Neighbourhood is ongoing, and getting so close.  I did stock up on thread so that I could get back to it this week.  I divided it up into six sections - three horizontal and three vertical - and there is only one horizontal section left.  It's 83.3333% finished!  No new photo because it just looks the same...

So, my main goal this week is to get the quilting on RN finished and get the binding on.  I'll need to make a decision about the binding - should I use the same sashing/border fabric for the binding - navy blue with light blue stars - or should I look for a light blue solid for the binding that matches the stars?

This is an older picture from when the sashing was being sewn on,
just to show the navy blue with light blue stars that I need to make the decision about.

I decided I wanted to finish one more small project in red for July, so I started working on bordering this little embroidery design, "Tweety Tea Birds," with some red patchwork.  These are easy to hand-piece, so I'll be working on this for my evening slow stitching project.




Joining in with Carol and friends at Quilt Schmilt for To-DoTuesday!










9 comments:

Linda said...

Scrap Dance is looking so pretty. As far as RN binding, I am really fond of the navy sashing, but anything you choose will be gorgeous!

Libby in TN said...

SDQ is sew sweet! I vote for the light blue binding. I'll be taking a couple of really old hand piecing projects on our next sojourn.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Nice finish on the way on Quadrille. Love your redwork. Look forward to seeing your neighborhood put together.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the red block!

Mari said...

Use the navy with stars for the binding. There's so much going on in the quilt already that a "quiet" binding is called for. As always, I'm jealous of that pretty embroidery!

Jeanna said...

YOur Quadrille is coming together nicely. For the RN border, I would vote for the same as border, only because the houses are already so colorful. But, I'm sure you will make the right decision when it is all ready to be bound. Your little red embroidery is adorable!

Susie H said...

Great projects for this week! My Quadrille just needs the middle rows sewn together. I'm going to have to come up with a slightly different plan for the finishing border since I ran out of background fabric. YIKES! The R&W embroidery is very sweet. Get that one finished first! Lol!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea to make a small mystery Quadrille!
Love the red teapot!

piecefulwendy said...

Love the colors in your Quadrille quilt. I know you've made good progress on RN (since I'm reading blogs backwards - ha).