Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 24, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #177

Good morning, friends!  It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come.  Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!

I've been staying on track with the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL, and here is house #3!

The Tulip House!
Although I like the white on white print (it's scissors!) for the windows and door in person, I'm not so sure about them when looking at the photo.  I couldn't decide on a coordinating color, so just went for something similar to the background of the tulip block.  Maybe I will embroider or applique something in those spaces - not sure yet.

And all three houses so far:


Other items on last week's list included finishing up "Fresh Berries," which I did!  I hung it on the wall in my sewing room near some other embroidered finishes.


On this week's list:
  • I still need to make the Mandalorian bowl cozies!
  • One more purple project to finish for April's Rainbow Scrap Challenge - my Table Scraps project - just needs binding.
  • I'm participating in the blog hop for Kelly Young's new book in June, so I need to make some progress on that, too.
Those things should keep me busy!








16 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Great pink house! I like the accent over the door. I also like that while each house has the same footprint, each is a little different!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Ooooh the neighborhood is growing. I just love the Tulip House and it is so fun to see the Strawberry quilt hanging in your quilt room. Have a very productive week. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I like the way your neighbourhood is growing! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Vicki in MN said...

You will have a very colorful neighborhood when you are done! Have a productive week:)

Libby in TN said...

I agree it looks a little ghost-like. You could embroider some panes in the windows and a knob on the door. Or have some crazy animals looking out the windows.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot of small quilts don't you - they look pretty here and there about the house on walls and on tables

Kate said...

Those house blocks are really cute. Maybe you could embroider some curtains on the windows, or a couple of little tulips? Good luck with this week's list.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Sweet! Love the pink house with the awning over the door! And great that you hung up your latest embroidery finish where you can see and enjoy it in your studio!

chrisknits said...

The houses look great! And the berries is perfect!!

Marti said...

I like your house blocks. Maybe panes in the windows would make them look less white? The gable over the door makes a big difference too.

Kathryn T said...

House #3 looks great and yes something small for a window like above would just take the white starkness out.

Carol Andrews said...

Diann You finished another house! Your Rainbow Neighbourhood is going to be a beautiful finish. I love how you changed up the block and made it yours. Fresh Berries looks like it was made for this particular spot. Good job on getting another finish up on the wall. Good luck with this week's list. I hope you are having lots of fun and want to thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

Linda said...

I love that house, may be my favorite you've made. Your embroidery looks so sweet on your wall. That new Kelly Young book looks quite interesting!

Sharon - IN said...

I like your cheery houses! Maybe the tulips need leaves? Just embroiders out lines of leaves? Your strawberry embroidery turned out so well!

Ivani said...

Tulip house is now my favorite so far, but I know that when you show the next house I will fall in love for it, all three look beautiful together.
The berries panel looks perfect on that embroideries corner...lovely.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely houses Diann, and I like that you have blues skies in your neighbourhood. Mine are still in snow, LOL. Lovely embroidery projects too.