Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 10, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #176

Good morning, friends!  It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come.  Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!

Last week, I was making churn dash and four patch blocks for the Compassion Quilt drive at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.  I finished those up and got them in the mail this morning.


I also finished up the first house block for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL at mmmquilts.  


Work on purple blocks for my April Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects is always ongoing.

Split 9 patches and zipper blocks - that bright yellow is 
leftover from the house block above!

On this week's list:
  • House Block #2 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood - I started by working on the quilt block for the side of the house.  This is a 54-40 or Fight block - my first time making one of those!  

  • Continue working on purple blocks for the RSC.
  • Make a decision about this little project.  The strawberry embroidery blocks are from Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting.  On Sunday afternoon, I decided to order a yard of this pretty strawberry print from Joann's for in-store pick-up and it was ready this morning (Monday)!  I really like that blue background - it brightens everything up.  I think I'll use this fabric to make the mini quilt and the red and white check from this photo for the binding.

Looks like there will be lots of color in my week!
What's on your to-do list?













16 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I like the blue background best with your strawberries. It does light up the piece!

Ivani said...

You made beautiful churn dash blocks for the Compassion Quilt with the red star fabric. In fact, I love all of your blocks so far. Great start with the 54-40 star. Now I see, the strawberry fabric looks much more spring than the red and white. Have a good week, Diann.

Libby in TN said...

You found the perfect strawberry fabric!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your Star block it reminds me of my big stars I did two years ago for one of my quilts with big blocks

chrisknits said...

The fabric is perfect and the red check will be a perfect foil as the binding! Good luck on. your list!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What perfect strawberry fabric!!!! I really like your choice for binding!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have such happy colorful things going on!!!
Love your churn dashes!!!

Susie H said...

I love the blue strawberry fabric you were lucky enough to find! It's perfect and really does add a little sparkle to your embroideries. I think your Rockies need to take it easy on our Cardinals. A sweep wouldn't be necessary, OK? Haha! I'm off on trip #1 with Mom so will pretty much be off the grid until middle of next week. Have a great week!

piecefulwendy said...

Definitely a lot of color in your week, and so many fun blocks! Enjoy!

Kathryn T said...

You accomplished a lot. My favourite is the rainbow house, love that.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You are so productive! Everything looks wonderful.

grammajudyb said...

Great choice on the strawberry fabric! And the checked binding! Perfect! I decided on the Card Trick Stars for my second house! But, I’m stitching with friends this week, and that’s a block that needs CONCENTRATION! I’ll be doing it at home alone! 😀

Your 54 Forty or Fight block looks good! Fun!

Enjoy your good weather!

Sharon - IN said...

Rainbow Neighborhood looks like a fun QAL. The strawberry fabric looks os nice with handwork berries!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I had to go check out what compassion quilt drive--that's so great! Would love to carve out some time to get some done but not sure when? I did just make one of the churn dashes (along with 3 others) for our guild's QOV's. (I do 4 every time I go--not much but it's something!). Do you know when the deadline is?
I love your embroidery and the strawberry fabric is just perfect for it!

Kate said...

You did well on last week's list. Your house block is really fun and I like the start you have on block number 2. You picked a fun and maybe a bit unexpected fabric for your strawberry project. It's going to be a really cute finish. Good luck with this week's list.

Carol Andrews said...

Diann you had another great week with your lovely blocks for the Compassion Quilt Drive, your beautiful completed block for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL and your purple RSC blocks. Your 54-40 block is perfect! I love the greens in it. It will go well with your other block. Your strawberry blocks look great with the background fabric. Great job on your list. Hope this week has been as successful. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.