Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Slow stitching on a Sunday...

Happy Easter!  Hope you have a day planned with people and activities you love!  I'm planning to enjoy a quiet day, talking to my kids on Facetime, and relaxing with a book and some sewing.

Earlier this week, I finished up these sweet strawberry designs from Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting.  They're trimmed to 5.5 inches square and I'm looking for the perfect sashing to make a little wall-hanging.  I had in mind finding a strawberry novelty print for the sashing, but I do like the look of this red and white check.  Gives it a sort of "picnic basket" look, right?!


Since it's Easter, I felt like I ought to be stitching a bunny, so I pulled out a Kathy Schmitz design from July of 2022 called "Watch My Garden Grow," and got it traced and a few stitches in already.

My garden isn't really growing yet, 
but we're getting closer to that time of year!

Here is the image from Kathy's site.  

I liked the all green embroidery with one pink flower!
Since I enjoy stitching with variegated floss so much, I'm using DMC 4066 for this one -
Amazon Moss.

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.











16 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Luv your sticheries,something I've been wanting to learn,thanks for visiting my blog

Kate said...

Happy Easter! Love your new bunny stitchery. I like the red and white check, it really works with those blocks.

Anonymous said...

Love that gardening rabbit! The rabbits around here would rather eat my plants than help tend them!!! The gingham is perfect for the strawberry stitcheries. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love the strawberries, love that rabbit! Love you! Happy Easter!

Ivani said...

The red and white check fabric looks perfect for the strawberries redwork.
Your bunny embroidery is sweet as can be.
Happy Easter, Diann!!

Linda said...

Yes that red/white check looks great with the little stitchings! Your rabbit is cute, I like that variegated thread too. You got me into the blue, and now I want the green. Enjoy your day!

CathieJ said...

I think the red and white check is perfect for your strawberry blocks. The bunny embroidery is sweet. Happy Easter.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

another cute embroidery! I haven't done them in ages for some reason

Vicki in MN said...

Cute spring bunny stitchery you are starting. I think the red and white check has some real possibilities!!!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful embroidery. I need to pull out that Kathy Schmitz bunny and trace it out. Happy Easter Diann!

Susie H said...

Sweet Easter embroidery to work on today. Enjoy your calls with the boys! Happy Easter!

Deb A said...

Love the gingham with those blocks. The bunny stitching is very cute. Hope you have had a great Easter Day.

Kim said...

Oh yes, the red and white gingham is perfect with those sweet blocks! Cute little green bunny. The pink flower will be perfect thrown into the mix. Your Easter Sunday sounds lovely. So nice to FaceTime with your kids, with a little reading and stitching thrown in. Have a beautiful day, Diann.

chrisknits said...

Your sweet stitchery and the blueberry bread you made is making me think of the frozen strawberries I have that just might make a sweet Strawberry bread!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your stitcheries look amazing, Diann. I am so honored that you stitched my strawberries doodles. I can not wait to see your finish. The checked fabric is quite lovely. And that bunny is as cute as a button. I hope you had a happy Easter.

Sarah said...

The checked fabric works well with those four little blocks. Love the gardening bunny embroidery too. I keep popping on to Kathy S page to see when she’s going to start her stitching programme again but no luck.