Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 17, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #177

Good morning, friends!  It's Tuesday again, and I'm sharing my progress from last week, and my to-do list for the week to come.  Big thanks to Carol at Quilt Schmilt for hosting the To-Do Tuesday link-up!

This week, I had a lot of fun working on the second house block for the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL at mmmquilts.  This is the "House where Spring Came!"

I found the blue sky with clouds fabric at a new LQS I
visited last week, and knew it would be perfect for these house blocks.

The grassy strip at the bottom is actually four leaf clovers, called "One Fine Day," by Bonnie and Camille.  Perfect!


I also made some progress on purple blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month.  See my post here if you're curious!

Thinking about this week's To-do list, there are various things I have in mind to work on...
  • House #3 for the Rainbow Neighbourhood - I'm thinking this one will have a pink theme!
  • A little bit more with purple, including something with this purple orphan block - my Table Scraps project, maybe?!

  • I found some fun Mandalorian fabric at Joann's and want to make a couple bowl cozies out of it for my son whose birthday is this week.
  • And, the little strawberry embroidery quilt top is ready to be finished up.  
Looks like it needs some more pressing!

Plenty to work on over here!













20 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love that clover fabric for grass! These houses are so sweet that you are making! I love your strawberry top, it looks fantastic! Have a great week!

Libby in TN said...

Another cute house! Don't you love when you have the perfect fabric for the task? That project is definitely on my bucket list.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

That's another great list of 'quilty' items to do...so much variety! Love your house, too! Great sky fabric and clovers in the grass..perfect!

Linda said...

Can't believe you found 4-leaf clover fabric - perfect! I had to Google "Mandalorian" - I'm so out of it. Your little strawberry top is really cute. Enjoy your week!

Ivani said...

Beautful green house, Diann. The strawberry quilt top looks great. Looking forward to seeing the Mandalorian bow cozies. My son is also a Mandalorian fan... rather saying he loves all Star Wars. Have a great week.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful green house, Diann. Perfect fabrics together. Yes to spring now in what we sew.

Bonnie said...

That house is way too cute. Great job with the cloud fabric. Hope you get to everything on this week's list.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your green house is just as cute as your purple house! The clover print was the perfect fit!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the fabric for the barn quilt - the side of it looks like actual planks of wood. Once I found a small fat quarter bundle of what looked like planks, roofing, bricks etc - it made for some interesting pieces.

grammajudyb said...

Love love love the cloud fabric.A new LQS! Could you private message me the name? Our daughter lives in your city and maybe she could pick some up for me. And Mandalorian fabric for your son's birthday! Great idea. Boys are hard to "make for". Or at least my son is. I think he needs table runners, and wall hangings, but he's not into "quilty" decor! haha!

piecefulwendy said...

Perfect fabrics for that happy little house1 The cloud fabric was a fun find, too. I hope you post pics of the bowl cozies - glad you were able to find fabric!

Vicki in MN said...

The spring house is great with the clover fabric! Glad you picked up the perfect strawberry fabric-I was tempted to get it too but didn't(yet). Happy Stitching this week.

Kathryn T said...

The Spring house is adorable, loved it and perfect sky fabric.

Marti said...

I love your house block with the barn quilt on it. And those clouds are just perfect!

Kate said...

The house block is really fun. And I like you purple RSC block. Hopefully you can find a good home for it. Happy stitching this week.

Deb A said...

That is a cute berry fabric you found and I love the house block. Have a great week.

Nann said...

The clovers are the perfect touch for your patchwork house block.

MissPat said...

Try pressing your strawberry embroidery block on the wool mat. After pressing, place a heavy book on top of it and let it cool. Block will be pressed very flat. I love all the house blocks I am seeing. Couldn't play along this year because I've been traveling too much.
Pat

Carol Andrews said...

Diann I was thrilled to see another little house block completed when I looked at your post. Love the sky and clover fabrics you found for them.The purple orphan block will be fun to finish. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Great job last week and Good Luck with this week's list. I'm looking forward to seeing your strawberry embroidery finished and maybe even some Mandalorian Bowl Cozies?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sew much fun in the sewing room, Diann. I love the house block. The greens in this block is fabulous. Such pretty fabrics for the bowl cozies. I am over the moon to see your strawberry quilt top finished. The blue strawberry fabric is gorgeous. Thank you so much for stitching them.