Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, March 14, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #129

Good morning!   I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.



At the top of last week's list, I had finishing up my Stay at Home Round Robin Quilt, and I did!  Just a peek at it here, because I need to get some good photographs of it, and write up a post for the quilt parade which starts next week.


I also finished up my yellow blocks for March in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  You can read more about that in my weekend post.

And, finally, a few odds and ends of things were worked on, like the Spiny Peaks blocks I showed last week, among others.

Along the way, I made a big mess on my cutting table and I decided clearing it off and getting some of the scraps trimmed to usable sizes would be a good thing to start this week's list with!

It already looks better after just a little while of working on it!

Also on the list:
  • Finish up my March Table Scraps project.
  • And maybe, just maybe, pull out the rows for Full Stop, and get a few sewn together.  Here's the last photo I have that shows where I left off.

There's always something to work on in my sewing room!







14 comments:

Ivani said...

Love the Stay at Home Round Robin Quilt eye candy. Looking forward to seeing the quilt parade. I like how you arrange your blocks for Full Stop, it will be a happy quilt.
Did You say a big mess? Well, I need to show you my cutting table. LOL

Libby in TN said...

Congrats on finishing SAHRR; I look forward to seeing the finished project. I think I cleaned off my cutting table three times over the weekend and it's still a mess.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Good morning, Diann! Ooh, I can't wait for the big reveal! Yes there is always something to work on in your room! That's what makes it so fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the full stop is interesting for sure - I like the arrangement of blocks as they are

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Hurray for all your finishes and moving your projects along! Well Done!!

Linda said...

Cant wait to see your SAHRR! I just took a couple pics of my flimsy for the parade and decided to wait and see how I want to use it at Christmas instead of finishing it now. Your Full Stop is going to be pretty! I'm being drawn to cleaning up my blue and yellow scraps today, I've really made a mess of them.
Thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

Miaismine said...

You’ve certainly been productive! Good for you, cutting those scraps into usable sizes!!

grammajudyb said...

Great job getting SAHRR to the finish line! It will be fun to see all the entries in the parade! I’m with Ivani, your cutting table is neat compared to mine! If I put it too far away, it might get lost! I think I’m done with Yellow but you never know!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A little of this and a little of that helps to pass the time in the sewing room. SEW many project means there's not time to get bored! :o))

piecefulwendy said...

Yay for finishing your SAHRR - I'm looking forward to seeing it at the parade! I love sewing rooms with a little of this and that going on! Keep those fun projects coming!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Your sewing room looks like a fabulous and inspiring place to visit. Cleaning off your cutting table was a good job and it is inspiring me to tackle my own stack of scraps waiting to be trimmed. I'm so glad you were able to get your SAHRR finished. I'm looking forward to seeing it and your post. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Kathryn T said...

Looking forward to seeing your part in the parade for SAHRR project. The tease looks great. Organising scraps - something i put off! Love that full stop top. Always good to have variety!

Mary said...

Can’t wait to see your finished SAHRR quilt. Mine is still with Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting, so I won’t be linking up.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

ooo looking forward to the quilt parade post!
Jillxo