Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, March 7, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #128

Good morning!   I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week. 

At the top of last week's list, I put piecing the backing for my Stay at Home Round Robin, getting the layers basted together, and get the quilting started.  And that job is done!

The quilting's even almost finished!

Out of the same scrap bag, I'm making the Spiny Peaks blocks with a Grunge White Paper background.  I made a few more of those this week, too.  

This will be a long-term project - just making a few blocks here and there in between other things, so a lot more blocks are needed!

I also got a good start on my March blocks for this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  Here are pieces and parts of 3 Bloom baskets and a Masala Box block all ready to stitch up!


So this week's plan is much the same,
  • Finish the quilting and bind my round robin.
  • Stitch up a few more yellow blocks for the RSC.
  • If time, squeeze in a few more Spiny Peaks blocks or ...?  Who knows what!






16 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you got a good start to March

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Wow you are so busy with different projects, can't wait to see them all coming together.
Jillxo

Linda said...

Wow your SAHRR is going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing it in the parade. I love the fabrics, and they look so pretty in the Spiny Peaks pattern too. I downloaded that pattern and am looking forward to starting on it. Making it long term is a good idea!
Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I missed getting around last week but looks like you've gotten some new things started. Can't wait to see your finished RR!

Bonnie said...

Good for you for getting your SAHRR almost done. Impressive. I've hit pause on mine while I finish another quilt I want done asap. You are way farther ahead on RSC blocks than me. I've made one and haven't even thought of doing the next two. I'm wondering if 3 blocks of each color will be enough. Time will tell. On to actually playing in the studio today!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

looks like all your projects are moving forward! yellow is such a happy color to work with!

piecefulwendy said...

You are making headway with your SAHRR quilting - yay! Mine may not get done, since Connie's LA broke down and she's waiting for the tech to come and fix it. Oh well. Those other little projects are looking like fun too! The Masala Box was a great idea for RSC blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

I always love seeing the advancement of your projects each week as you seem to stay on task! But I thought perhaps a squirrel was going to jump into this post along with your regular projects!

Ivani said...

It sounds like you are very busy with all your projects. Good luck on your to-do's for this week, Diann!

Kathryn T said...

Love the "who knows what", that's the fun thing about quilting - all the possibilities. You are well organised with the SAHRR, looking forward to seeing it all quilted.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Love how you are getting your SAHRR to the finish line, and those Spiny Peaks blocks look fab. Anything Grunge is a win in my book and these are no different! You've got it going on with the yellow fabrics for the RSC challenge. You'll have those finished in no time! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

grammajudyb said...

I need to really focus on “finishes “! But I get so pulled in all directions! Like Spiny Peaks! Now I want to do that! I have a friend who says, “it’s a sickness”! She might be right! Onward! “Smile”

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing what you did for the quilting of your SAHRR, Diann. Happy finishing!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are staying busy, Diann. I am intrigued by your Spiny Peaks blocks; . Looks like a lot of fun.

chrisknits said...

You make me want to drop everything and start making the same things you are. All look so fun!

Kate said...

Hope you've already made good progress on this week's to do list. Where did the week go?