Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, March 4, 2022

Getting started on March

I always enjoy the beginning of a new month because there's a new color to play with for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  There's planning involved - how many blocks am I making, what pieces and parts do I need for them, what else do I want to work on?  So the yellows and golds have come out to play this month.


So far, I've hand-pieced three plus blocks in yellow.   I'll need three more of those for the month. 


It's fun to see the whole bunch up on the wall together!


One Masala Box block has been pieced with the second one in progress.  So far, I've been making two of these each month, so I'm in good shape there!


And on the sewing table for some weekend sewing, there are pieces and parts all ready to sew together for two Bloom blocks with yellow baskets, and two chandelier blocks .  The chandelier blocks were started in 2021, and this year I want to make a couple more in each color.  

I'll need one more Bloom block after these two, for a total of three.

So things are coming right along already this month!  I'd really like to spend some time on my RSC21 sampler #Full Stop in the next few weeks.  But first I need to finish up the Stay at Home Round Robin quilt.  It's not an RSC project, but there is a quilt parade coming up in a few weeks that I want to be ready for!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at 














26 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Yellow is such a happy color, like Spring! Your blocks are beautiful, enjoy this new month ;)

Ivani said...

Your block collections will receive beautiful and bright new blocks this month. Loving the pluss blocks, so far.

Mari said...

I love those little baskets, and the Masala Box is really going to look great in multi colors. Your design wall looks very cheery!

Linda said...

Love seeing all your blocks on your wall - the yellow really sings! I like that black/white background on your plus blocks. I've always loved your chandelier blocks. Enjoy your weekend!

Libby in TN said...

Lookin' good. I did two boxes of each color last year and it made a nice size quilt. LOVE your little blooms.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great blocks - it is always fun to get started on the new color for the month and add to the collection of blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

We know you won't be sitting around idle, we quilters think that is a good thing:)

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to see what everyone is doing with their colourful scraps each month. Yellow is such a bright and happy colour

Sue said...

I love those Masala Blocks. More & more each time I see them!

PaintedThread said...

Lots of fun blocks. I love scrappy projects.

Linda said...

What lovely collections of blocks. Love the crosses and little baskets. So pretty.

Jenny said...

Theres always plenty of stitching to keep us quilters busy, isnt there! You have a great selection on your board, I love those simple plus blocks too.

gayle said...

Basket blocks always win my heart!
And thanks for the reminder about the chandelier blocks - I was thinking about those last year but never got around to starting them. Maybe this year?

Sherrie said...

Hi,
All your blocks are so pretty. Isn't nice sorting fabrics for a new
project. And the decision on what to keep and what to take out. Have a great day!

grammajudyb said...

You are doing well on yellow already this month. I’m excited to see your SAHRR and Full Stop! I’d almost forgotten about that one! Yikes I think there are a couple of others to get in line toward completion!

Deb A said...

You got a great start with yellow! So many pretty blocks in progress.

Susie H said...

Your yellow blocks are coming right along, great start for March YELLOW! The Masala blocks are going to make such a pretty quilt!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

All your blocks on the wall look amazing! I always think quilters are so clever!
Jillxx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful YELLOW additions to your design wall, Diann!!

Jan said...

Lovely seeing all the different blocks!

Jennifer said...

you've got a great assortment of RSC projects! good job!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Such nice projects, all marching along! I really love your background fabrics for the plus blocks.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

love all your yellow blocks! sew happy!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great progress on your RSC blocks - and it is only week one! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! The month as barely begun and you have made so much progress with your RSC blocks! It is cool to see all the blocks together on the wall. Some wonderful quilts are in the making at your house!

Sara said...

The Plus blocks and the Masala blocks are on my "to do" list because they are just perfect for using a big variety of scraps. Yours are looking terrific!!